The newly redesigned G Loomis NRX+ Fly Rod is a complete redesign of the award winning NRX series rods, featuring a new advanced graphite and resin technology to outperform any other fly rod on the market in feel, action, and versatility. The NRX+ 12wt 9'0" is the most powerful rod of this series, designed for anglers targeting the largest predators in the salt including big tarpon, roosterfish, giant trevally, peacock bass, golden dorado, and mahi-mahi. The NRX+ 12wt will shred the wind with tight loops, long range accuracy, and the power to pick up and lay down your entire fly line in one back cast.
With a primary focus of maximizing versatility, the NRX+ Rods adaptable actions improve angler capability and expand tactical opportunity in difficult fishing situations. Rolled with our most advanced compound taper construction to date, NRX+ provides the power, line speed, and loop stability expected from modern fast-action rods, without compromising “feel” and finesse in the short game. This means, regardless of casting distance or difficulty, NRX+ empowers anglers with confidence-boosting control in less-than-ideal situations.
Dynamic Recovery Technology is a blended system of several elements found in these new NRX+ Rods. Our all-new Mega Modulus+ graphite matrix and GL8 resin system, combined with the industry’s most advanced compound taper construction process, creates crisp actions with smooth, rapid recovery. The key to achieving these performance characteristics is a reimaging of our proprietary Multi-Taper Design technology. Traditionally used to enhance durability and swing weight, the G. Loomis design team developed a method of applying a similar process to improve loading efficiency and feedback. This widens the power and recovery “sweet spot”, providing performance with feel regardless of casting distance.
- Mega Modulus+ matrix is 15% lighter than original NRX, improving overall balance and feel, and limits casting fatigue
- Smooth, rapid recovery, allowing casters to develop stable loops with less effort
- GL8 resin possesses the same strength and impact resistance as past resin systems with less material. This reduces overall weight, and ultimately, limits fatigue
- Materials dampen quickly, delivering a crisp, positive feel in hand
- Single-foot recoil guides
- Titanium SiC stripper guides
- Hook keeper (Line #: 4-6)
- Micro full wells, AAA grade cork grip
- Custom aluminum reel seat with walnut hardwood insert (Models: 490-4, 590-4, & 595-4)
- Custom aluminum reel seat with fighting butt (4100-4, 5100-4, 690-4, & 6100-4)
- Aluminum rod tube with cloth rod bag
- Handcrafted in Woodland, Washington
NAUTILUS CCF-X2 10/12 FLY REEL : 10-12WT
Nautilus CCF-X2 10/12 Fly Reels are specifically designed for hard charging saltwater species such as roosterfish, giant trevally, peacock bass, tarpon, mahi-mahi and more! Nautilus CCF-X2 Fly Reels feature the award winning dual action CCF-X2 drag system with twice the drag strength, twice the smoothness, and half the startup inertia, a big game handle and are fully sealed using proprietary Activseal technology. Other components included in the CCF-X2 line are hybrid ceramic bearings, TPX bushings and an oversized drag knob to adjust the smoothest drag from zero to max in 6 full turns with our Infinajust system. You will not find a lighter, smoother, more powerful saltwater fly reel in this price range.
The Nautilus CCF-X2 Fly Reels are available in 4 sizes: 6/8wt, 8/10wt, 10/12wt and the Silver King. All reels feature the made-for-fish-fighting big game handle and are fully sealed using our proprietary Activseal technology. Other components included in the CCF-X2 line are hybrid ceramic bearings, TPX bushings and an oversized drag knob to adjust the smoothest drag from zero to max in 6 full turns with our Infinajust system. This Nautilus CCF-X2 10/12 the ultimate tarpon and big game fly reel with incredibly smooth stopping power!
SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS AMPLITUDE SMOOTH GRAND SLAM FLY LINE
Tarpon. Bonefish. Permit. All in one day. All on one fly line. That’s the idea behind the Amplitude Smooth Grand Slam, a line designed specifically to help you achieve one of angling’s most elusive accomplishments. With a short, powerful head the Grand Slam cuts through wind and turns over crabs, shrimp, and tarpon toads with ease. We’ve got the line. You just need the fish. The Amplitude Smooth series of lines are, simply put, the highest-performance smooth fly lines in the world. With up to five times less drag and eight times the durability of traditional lines, this will change the way you look at fly line performance.
- Features the revolutionary AST Plus slickness additive for superior shooting ability and increased durability
- The perfect line for bonefish, tarpon, and permit on the flats; also great for snook, redfish, and sea trout
- Overweighted by .75 sizes to load rods quickly; use designated line weight for your rod
- Short, powerful head turns over long leaders with heavy flies
- Tropi-Core technology remains stiff and slick in tropical environments