NEW! G LOOMIS NRX+ LP 383-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT: 3WT, 8'3"
This outfit features the amazing G Loomis NRX+ Fly Rod, Nautilus XS Fly Reel, new Scientific Anglers Amplitude Infinity Smooth Fly Line, premium Dacron backing, SA Tapered Leader, and G Loomis aluminum rod tube and rod sock. All G Loomis NRX+ Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally rigged and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The newly redesigned G Loomis NRX+ Fly Rod is a complete redesign of the award winning NRX series rods, featuring a new advanced graphite and resin technology to outperform any other fly rod on the market in feel, action, and versatility. The LP stands for "Lite Presentation" which translates to a softer tip section for enhanced line feel and flawless presentations.
The NRX+ 3wt 8'3" is the butter smooth smaller stream dry fly rod. Designed for deadly accurate dry flies in the 12-24 size, this 3wt will also have the battling power to handle bruisers that every so often show themselves in your small stream.
With a primary focus of maximizing versatility, the NRX+ Rods adaptable actions improve angler capability and expand tactical opportunity in difficult fishing situations. Rolled with our most advanced compound taper construction to date, NRX+ provides the power, line speed, and loop stability expected from modern fast-action rods, without compromising “feel” and finesse in the short game. This means, regardless of casting distance or difficulty, NRX+ empowers anglers with confidence-boosting control in less-than-ideal situations.
Dynamic Recovery Technology is a blended system of several elements found in these new NRX+ Rods. Our all-new Mega Modulus+ graphite matrix and GL8 resin system, combined with the industry’s most advanced compound taper construction process, creates crisp actions with smooth, rapid recovery. The key to achieving these performance characteristics is a reimaging of our proprietary Multi-Taper Design technology. Traditionally used to enhance durability and swing weight, the G. Loomis design team developed a method of applying a similar process to improve loading efficiency and feedback. This widens the power and recovery “sweet spot”, providing performance with feel regardless of casting distance.
- Mega Modulus+ matrix is 15% lighter than original NRX, improving overall balance and feel, and limits casting fatigue
- Smooth, rapid recovery, allowing casters to develop stable loops with less effort
- GL8 resin possesses the same strength and impact resistance as past resin systems with less material. This reduces overall weight, and ultimately, limits fatigue
- Materials dampen quickly, delivering a crisp, positive feel in hand
- Single-foot recoil guides
- Titanium SiC stripper guides
- Hook keeper
- Cigar style, AAA grade cork grip (Line #: 3-4)
- Custom aluminum reel seat with amboyna hardwood insert
- Aluminum rod tube with cloth rod bag
- Handcrafted in Woodland, Washington
NAUTILUS X-SERIES XS FLY REEL : 3-4WT
Nautilus X-Series XS Fly Reels feature a completely open frame that is extremely light, boasts superior rigidity, a super smooth powerhouse drag, and amazingly fast line pick up. The cutting edge X-Series design has strong beams that extend from the center to a wide line guard. These angles allow for rear spool rim protection where the reel typically contacts the ground when the rod is leaned up against a wall or a car. The totally new SCF-X drag is a sealed Teflon® and carbon fiber disc drag system that is impervious to the elements, self lubricating, and maintenance free. The drag is adjusted with a generous drag knob that offers superior gripping surface for wet and cold fingers. The Nautilus X Series XS Fly Reel is the perfect choice as a lightweight, tough-as-nails, all-purpose trout reel to grace any high end fly rod.
The highly ventilated arch design, coupled with the dual palming rim increases spool strength by 35%. The sides of the frame leave the spool totally exposed, and the back spool rim has a generous 1/8″ secondary palming rim for added fish control. This heavy- duty secondary palming rim has the strength to withstand everyday wear and tear. The spool is a new spin on Nautilus' ultra light, award winning Giga arbor design. It is lighter than any spool of a similar size we have ever made.
Available in three frame sizes: XS – 3.25” Diameter, 3.8 oz, XM – 3.5” diameter, 4.1 oz, and a 4” frame XL that will accept the standard XL Giga arbor spool for a 6/7 weight and the XL MAX Giga arbor spool that will fit an 8/9 weight line. At a mere 4.7 ounces the XL and XL MAX will handle your larger fresh water species and light salt water needs perfectly.
- Totally new SCF-X drag is a sealed Teflon® and carbon fiber disc drag system
- Generous drag knob that offers superior gripping surface and texture for wet and cold fingers
- Precision engineered TPX bushings are feather light, self-lubricating, with zero wear over time
- Giga sized spool arbor picks up more a foot of line per revolution
- Grooved spool design allows backing to breathe and dry faster
- Available in standard colors: Brushed Titanium or Stealth Black anodized finish
NEW! SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS AMPLITUDE SMOOTH INFINITY FLY LINE
New for 2020: Scientific Anglers Amplitude Smooth Infinity Fly Line, Winner of the coveted Best Freshwater Fly Line Award at IFTD. The conventional wisdom in fly fishing is that there’s no such thing as a “do it all” freshwater line. Scientific Anglers has something to say about that. The Amplitude Smooth Infinity has the power to bomb out streamers, yet retains delicacy for dry flies. It mends like an absolute dream, and delivers flies at all distances. Built a half-size heavy, with a long head and substantial front taper, it’s perfect for everything from trout anyd panfish to pike and steelhead. There’s a reason we call it the Infinity: there is no end to what you’ll be able to do with it. The Amplitude Smooth series of lines are, simply put, the highest-performance smooth fly lines in the world. With up to five times less drag and eight times the durability of traditional lines, this will change the way you look at fly line performance.
- Features the revolutionary AST Plus slickness additive for superior shooting ability and increased durability
- Extremely versatile general-purpose taper designed for most freshwater species; an excellent fly line for trout, grayling, panfish, bass, carp, steelhead, salmon, and pike
- Made a half-size heavy to load fast-action rods, but works well with a variety of rod actions
- Extended head length for long-distance casts and superior mending ability
- Excellent for dry flies, nymphs, and streamers
- Available in two color schemes: standard and camo; the camo scheme features a mottled front taper for increased stealth
- For use in moderate and cold climates
- Braided multifilament core