SAGE X 8100-4 FLY ROD : 8WT 10'0"
Sage X fly rods have changed how a fly rod should cast and feel. The Sage X rods features a new proprieary graphite/resin with advanced HD Konnectic technology allowing for a tigher loop, increase accuracy and recovery, and crisp overall feel while on the water. If you loved the feel and action of the Sage ONE, the Sage X Rod is a dramatic improvement in both line speed and feel!
The Sage X Rod 8wt 10'0" is the best model for heavy freshwater like steelhead or salmon to the perfect model for bonefish, permit, or smaller redfish. The longer 10'0" length will give you more power and control on roll casting or mending while on the water. The longer rod is great for high sticking on faster water, or having 60-80ft roll casts with ease. Many anglers are also using switch lines with these rods for added distance and control.
The Sage X rods all-new fast action taper built with our KonneticHD Technology delivers greater blank recovery and a crisper tip stop - creating tighter, more efficient loops throughout all ranges of casting styles. This taper allows you to dig deeper into the rod and access the lower sections, shifting power closer to the angler. Decreased lateral and medial movement and vibrations in the blank result in a more accurate and efficient presentation, resulting in a performance driven, forgiving fast action blank - refining the synergy between angler, rod, line, and fly.
New proprietary graphite/resin composite developed through exclusive partnerships.Advanced high density (HD) fiber positioning, enhanced laminate characteristics, and optimized manufacturing techniques increase composite modulus while maintaining durability. KonneticHD creates amplified strength-to-weight and stiffness-to-weight ratios as needed within the rod blank.Optimized fiber-to-fiber energy transfer along the length of the blank minimizes both lateral and medial vibrations, delivering accuracy in an easy loading blank with quick recovery, a crisp tip stop, and enhanced line feel for complete loop control.The highest energy transferring material we have ever created, opening new doors for our R&D Team to experiment with construction techniques, taper designs, and action profiles.
- KonneticHD Technology efficient energy transfer for tighter loops and improved accuracy
- Lighter, stronger graphite blank with a crisp, fast-action that any angler can cast well
- Beautiful Spruce Black finish with dark green thread wraps and metallic grey trim wraps
- Fuji ceramic stripper guides and hard chromed snake guides to shoot line effortlessly
- Premium stealth black anodized aluminum dual up-locking reel seat
- Laser etched line weight on slide band
- Super Plus grade full wells cork handle and fighting butt
- Premium Sage X aluminum rod tube and rod sock
- Handcrafted on Bainbridge Island, USA
- Backed by the Sage Lifetime Warranty