ECHO EPR 990 FLY ROD : 9'0", 9WT
The Echo EPR 990 Fly Rod is faster and more powerful than just about any high-end 8wt rod, and at about half the price. This EPR 9wt rod is perfect for windy days on the flats chasing bonefish, targeting tailing redfish in the backcountry, and excels as an all-purpose pike/musky fly rod. The EPR-990 has a super fast tip to load easily at short distances and the most powerful bottom sections Echo has ever made. In other words, this rod is a rocket.
The EPR 9wt will punch saltwater flies through the wind and throws bulky pike/muusky flies like a cannon straight to their target. The stiffness of this rod makes line pickup easy and excels at quick second shots. Echo is legendary for building exceptional, high-performance rods that rival the best rods on the market, at a much lower price. If you can afford a Sage Salt HD, Scott Meridian, or Orvis Helios 3, these are all superb saltwater rods. If you do not want to spend $800-$900 for a high-end salt rod, the Echo EPR shines as a best performance value for under $500. This is one of the fastest-action, most powerful 9wt rods on the market at any price.
- Four piece travel design
- Graphite: Lightweight, high-modulus
- Action: Super fast, super powerful
- Tube: Fabric-covered rod case & sock
- Guides: Stainless snake guides w/ SIC stripper guides
- Grip: Full wells cork grip with fighting butt handle
- Reel Seat: Maintenance-free anodized aluminun
- Warranty: Echo Lifetime Warranty
- Line Recommendation: Airflo Tropical Punch Fly Line