ECHO ION XL 990 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 9WT, 9'0"
Echo ION XL Fly Rod Outfits include the Echo ION XL Fly Rod, Waterworks-Lamson Liquid Fly Reel, Scientific Anglers Frequency Magnum Fly Line, Dacron backing, tapered leader, and Echo cordura rod tube. Each complete outfit is shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The Echo Ion XL 9'0", 9wt fly rod is perfect for general saltwater fishing when the wind is blowing hard. This Ion 990XL rod excels at casting to stripers, juvenile tarpon, bonefish, redfish, jacks, bluefish, and really anything that swims in saltwater. This 9wt also is a great rod for pike/musky and king salmon. The Echo Ion XL is designed for throwing tight loops and big, bulky flies in windy conditions. The Echo Ion 990XL is your workhorse go-to rod to cover a wide variety of big species and challenging situations.
Casting large flies into a stiff breeze is best done with high line speed and tight loops. Fighting big fish often requires rods with a stiff backbone. Creating a rod that can do both well without causing undue hand and arm fatigue is no easy task. Generating high line speed without fatigue was the design goal for the Echo Ion XL series of rods. If you plan to cast all day and still have enough strength to drive home you need a rod with just enough power to get the fly to the fish and a little extra power in reserve ۷just in case۪. The Ion XL rods are the toughest, strongest rods Echo has ever produced and will take anything you can throw at them. You might be tempted to buy the Echo Ion XL because of its cool matte stealth grey blank, but we think you should buy one because of its perfect blend of action and power.
Echo is legendary for building exceptional, high-performance rods that rival the best rods on the market, at a much lower price. The Echo Ion XL fly rods are definitely a best performance value. If you are looking for a powerful fast-action rod that won۪t break the bank, the Echo Ion XL was made for you!
- Powerful, fast-action with a strong backbone
- Four piece travel design
- Alignment dots for quick assembly
- Grey cordura covered rod tube
- Matte stealth grey blank color
- Full wells cork handle with composite pressure zone
- Anodized aluminum reel seat with fighting butt
- Oversized stripper guides
- Hard chrome single foot snake guides
- 30" fish hero measuring mark
- Backed by the Echo lifetime warranty
LAMSON LIQUID -9+ FLY REEL
- CNC machined conical drag system used in all Lamson reels
- Large arbor design for fast line pick up
- Strong conical drag system for fish stopping power
- Easily converts to right or left hand retrieve
- Cloth reel bag included
- Backed by Lamson Warranty
Scientific Angler Frequency Magnum Fly Lines are made for big flies and big fish. Designed with an aggressive weight-forward head, the Magnum fly line is built for tossing large flies, turning over split shot, and blasting through the wind. In other words, this line is a bit of a bully—which is great if you’re targeting bass, big trout, pike/musky, and saltwater species, it is nice to have some muscle on your side.
- Turns over large flies, streamers, and split shot with ease
- For use in both fresh and saltwater environments
- Over weighted design quickly loads fast-action rods
- Braided multifilament core
- Welded front loop for quick leader changes
- Features Advance shooting technology for extreme distance
- Color: Mist Green