G LOOMIS ASQUITH SALT 9WT, 9'0" FLY ROD OUTFIT : ASQ 990-4
This outfit features the award-winning G Loomis Asquith Fly Rod, world-class Ross Evolution R Salt Fly Reel, premium Scientific Anglers Amplitude Smooth Grand Slam Fly Line, Gel Spun backing, and G Loomis Asquith Aluminum Rod Tube. All G Loomis Asquith Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish. This is the finest, most technologically advanced fly rod outfit ever produced!
The G Loomis Asquith 990-4 Fly Rod is without a doubt, different than any other high-end rod you have ever cast. This is truly the lightest, most technologically advanced fly rod on the market. The Asquith is the ultimate balance between power and feel, and fishes as well in close as it does at long distances. Asquith fly rod blanks are rolled on a one of a kind Spiral X platform that exists only in Japan. No one else has the ability to produce a rod blank like the Asquith. Each rod blank is then hand-crafted with G Loomis expertise right here in the U.S. This new Spiral X technology adds incredible stability to the rod, giving it unmatched strength and accuracy, while reducing wall diameter and weight by a whopping 15%, resulting in an incredible light-in-the-hand feel. This strength and stability significantly reduces ovalization of the rod hoop under stress, which translates to pinpoint accuracy, pure energy transfer, and increased sensitivity. G Loomis Asquith fly rods are now the most accurate rods ever built, and the Spiral X technology transfers unprecedented energy to your fly line, while telegraphing every head shake all the way to your shoulder. Simply put, Asquith generates higher line speeds, which is the accessible power you don't need to dig deep for. It is right there at your fingertips. You can load the rod in close and with minimal back casts, power it up for the hero shot. Like we said, this rod is different.
This Asquith 990-4 is a fast-action fly rod that can generate a lot of power, so it is great in situations where fast line speeds, precise accuracy, and wind are all important factors. This rod excels in windy conditions or when extremely long casts are required. The Asquith 9wt is an incredibly smooth, fast-action, highly versatile rod to cover a range of species including bonefish, permit, redfish, snook, salmon, and largemouth bass. The Asquith 9wt has ample power to shred the wind with big saltwater flies and throw bulky bass bugs straight to their target. This 9wt is the perfect choice as a one-rod-does-it-all general purpose saltwater rod. If you are the type of discerning angler that prefers only the best of the best, the G Loomis Asquith was made specifically for you.
The Spiral X design is a breakthrough in fly rod design that allows for added strength, while keeping the overall swing weight very low. The Asquith is probably the lightest fly rod we have ever had in our hands and the actual swing weight is amazingly light as well. The way that the graphite is rolled makes the blank stable and inline when flexing from all different angles. Pinpoint accuracy is not an exaggerated cliché. The Asquith series is the culmination of global cooperation in design, materials, and manufacturing techniques. Built on the proprietary G Loomis Spiral X platform, the Asquith boasts superb power transfer from tip to hand, lightning quick recovery, and increased sensitivity. Designed by world casting champion Steve Rajeff, the Asquith is an exploratory step into the future of rod manufacturing technology. With fast actions, generous power levels, titanium guides, and exceptionally light swing weight, all rods in the series excel in fishing situations where developing high line speed and making precise casts equates to success.
- New Spiral X Technology increases casting efficiency and accuracy
- Beautiful dark green color with dark green wraps
- Fuji SiC Stripping Guides w/Titanium frames: 65% less weight, 3 times stronger, saltwater safe, diamond polished for reduced friction
- Top-of-the-line titanium snake guides to shoot line further
- Custom anodized aluminum reel seat with double uplocaking reel seat
- Fighting butt for added leverage
- Premium aluminum rod tube to protect your investment
- Backed by the Loomis Lifetime Warranty
ROSS REELS EVOLUTION R SALT 9/10 FLY REEL
The award-winning Ross Evolution R Salt Fly Reel is a marvel of engineering, with a power-to-weight ratio never before seen in a saltwater fly reel. At its heart, lies an ultra-smooth, supercharged 16-disc, completely sealed drag system comprised of stainless steel and carbon fluoropolymer, producing an incredible 30 pounds of drag pressure – enough to stop an Abrams tank. This exceptional braking power is housed in a lightweight, yet incredibly strong frame and spool that is based on the Evolution R unique design. Evolution R Salt reels are incredibly lightweight, tipping the scales at a mere 8 ounces.
Ross Evolution R Salt reels are CNC machined to exacting tolerances in Montrose, CO from proprietary aircraft grade T-6061 barstock aluminum. These gorgeous reels are then hard anodized for the perfect color and make them impervious to the harshest saltwater conditions. R Salt is also the first fly reel to feature a large, frame-integrated drag knob allowing for easy on-the-fly adjustments with just the palm of your hand during long fights with big fish. The R Salt's geometry is reinforced throughout, yielding an incredibly rugged, yet elegant reel that performs in the most challenging of environments.
Also an industry first, the R Salt features two smaller counterbalances on the spool - this innovative design reduces mass and creates perfect, vibration-free performance when line is being ripped off the spool on long, blistering runs. The large arbor spool includes an innovative line channel for cleanly hiding arbor knots when winding on backing. The Ross Reels signature bell-shaped arbor design also adds strength, while helping to self-level the fly line across the face of the spool as it is retrieved. Evolution R Salt reels are truly a beauty, while also being a ferocious best. Meet the next generation of big-game saltwater fly reels – the Evolution R Salt.
- Fully CNC machined to exacting standards in the USA from proprietary 6061-T6 aluminum alloy
- Ultra-lightweight, incredibly strong design
- Powerhouse stacked 16-disc drag system with industry leading power-to-weight ratio
- Large, frame-integrated drag knob makes easy drag adjustments with the palm of your hand
- Innovative dual mini counterbalances reduce mass and eliminate vibrations at high rpms
- All internal components are machined stainless steel, finished with impregnated oil for saltwater durability
- Bolstered structural rigidity as well as increased backing capacity
- Type II hard anodized for the perfect balance of hardness and color
- Quick release spool and easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
- Backed by the Ross Lifetime Warranty
SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS AMPLITUDE SMOOTH GRAND SLAM FLY LINE
The new Scientific Anglers Amplitude Smooth Fly Lines are, simply put, the highest-performance smooth fly lines in the world. With up to five times less drag and eight times the durability of traditional lines, Amplitude Smooth will change the way you look at saltwater fly line performance. The Amplitude Smooth Grand Slam has a unique taper with a short, aggressive head to load rods quickly, maximizes energy transfer, and enhances the power of modern fast-action saltwater rods. This line will throw tight loops long distance with ease, slicing through the wind, and turn over long leaders and saltwater flies.
The Grand Slam line excels at those critical quick second shots, and delivers the fly immediately where you intended. Amplitude Smooth Grand Slam will make any angler a better caster, increasing hookups, and saltwater success. Tarpon. Bonefish. Permit. All in one day. All on one fly line. That’s the idea behind the Amplitude Smooth Grand Slam, a line designed specifically to help you achieve one of angling’s most elusive accomplishments. With a short, powerful head the Grand Slam cuts through wind and turns over crabs, shrimp, and tarpon flies with ease. We’ve got the line. You just need the fish.
- Features the revolutionary AST Plus slickness additive for superior shooting ability and increased durability
- The perfect line for bonefish, tarpon, and permit on the flats; also great for snook, redfish, and sea trout
- Overweighted by 3/4 line weight to load rods for powerful distance and quick second shots
- Short, powerful head throws tight loops, shreds the wind, and fires saltwater flies to their target
- Tropi-Core technology remains stiff and slick in tropical environments