G LOOMIS CROSSCURRENT GLX 8WT 9’0” SALTWATER FLY ROD
G Loomis CrossCurrent GLX Fly Rods are one of the best long-range weapons you will find anywhere. This 8wt is the most popular choice for most flats species. It's light and responsive with a lot of power in the butt-section that helps you create tight loops and extend your casting range. This rod is designed for bonefish, permit, snook, stripers and blues, just to name a few. The CrossCurrent 8wt also makes an excellent rod for bass, pike and steelhead. These rods are designed to shred the wind, throwing tight loops and long distances. Like the NRX, this rod has a very powerful butt and mid section, with a progressively softer tip. The CrossCurrent GLX will make difficult casts to distant cruising fish in windy conditions and meet the demands of saltwater environments.
CrossCurrent GLX rods feature G Loomis Fiber Blend technology, Multi-Taper design, and quality components. This rod is finished in an attractive olive/brown color with dark brown wraps, a full wells grip and fighting butt. The reel seat is a green anodized aluminum double uplocking ring seat with a complimentary olive/brown graphite insert. Unbreakable wire recoil stripping guides with flexible nickel/titanium snake guides reduce friction to shoot line further. The CrossCurrent GLX is simply a great distance saltwater rod, at a great price.
- Fast-action taper delivers extreme power, tight loops, and maximum distance
- Recoil stripping guides and hard chrome snake guides
- Matching green anodized aluminum, double uplocking reel seat
- Premium grade full wells cork handle with fighting butt
- Attractive graphite reel seat insert
- Divided cordura rod tube to protect your investment
- Backed by the Loomis Lifetime Warranty