NEW G-LOOMIS NRX+ 6110-4 SWITCH FLY ROD : 6WT, 11'0"
The newly redesigned G Loomis NRX+ Fly Rod is a complete redesign of the award winning NRX series rods, featuring a new advanced graphite and resin technology to outperform any other fly rod on the market in feel, action, and versatility.
The NRX+ 6wt 11'0" switch rod is becoming a very popular weight and length among anglers using this for switch/spey casting. One of the best rods on the market for targeting larger browns or steelhead on Skagit and Scandi spey setups. From casting and swinging streamers, to high stick nymphing large trout, the NRX+ 10'1" features power, accuracy, and sensitivity all wrapped in one. Load this with a RIO Switch fly line, or go with a shorter Skagit style shooting head with MOW or iMOW tips.
With D-loop defeating brush behind, or encroaching canopies of foliage overhead, a spey-length rod can be a bit much. When shooting stack mends over heavy nymph rigs to a far seam, or hucking shooting heads in the surf, a single-hand rod might not be enough. In situations that demand a combination of action and length that’s “just right”, own your environment with tools forged to boost effectiveness and increase tactical opportunity in less-than-ideal situations.
Dynamic Recovery Technology is a blended system of several elements found in these new NRX+ Rods. Our all-new Mega Modulus+ graphite matrix and GL8 resin system, combined with the industry’s most advanced compound taper construction process, creates crisp actions with smooth, rapid recovery. The key to achieving these performance characteristics is a re-imaging of our proprietary Multi-Taper Design technology. Traditionally used to enhance durability and swing weight, the G. Loomis design team developed a method of applying a similar process to improve loading efficiency and feedback. This widens the power and recovery “sweet spot”, providing performance with feel regardless of casting distance.
- Mega Modulus+ matrix is 15% lighter than original NRX, improving overall balance and feel, and limits casting fatigue
- Smooth, rapid recovery, allowing casters to develop stable loops with less effort
- GL8 resin possesses the same strength and impact resistance as past resin systems with less material. This reduces overall weight, and ultimately, limits fatigue
- Materials dampen quickly, delivering a crisp, positive feel in hand
- Hard Chrome Snake Guides
- Titanium SiC stripper guides
- Micro full wells, AAA grade cork grip
- Custom aluminum reel seat
- Aluminum rod tube with cloth rod bag
- Handcrafted in Woodland, Washington
- 6wt 11'0" Fly Rod