This outfit features the amazing G Loomis NRX+ Fly Rod, Nautilus XL Fly Reel, new Scientific Anglers Amplitude Smooth Grand Slam Fly Line, premium Dacron backing, SA Tapered Leader, and G Loomis aluminum rod tube and rod sock. All G Loomis NRX+ Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally rigged and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The newly redesigned G Loomis NRX+ Fly Rod is a complete redesign of the award winning NRX series rods, featuring a new advanced graphite and resin technology to outperform any other fly rod on the market in feel, action, and versatility. The NRX+ 7wt 9'0" is one of most popular and versatile models in the NRX series. This NRX+ 7wt is the perfect choice for big browns, steelhead, smallmouth, largemouth, and bonefish on the flats because of its power and versatility.
With a primary focus of maximizing versatility, the NRX+ Rods adaptable actions improve angler capability and expand tactical opportunity in difficult fishing situations. Rolled with our most advanced compound taper construction to date, NRX+ provides the power, line speed, and loop stability expected from modern fast-action rods, without compromising “feel” and finesse in the short game. This means, regardless of casting distance or difficulty, NRX+ empowers anglers with confidence-boosting control in less-than-ideal situations.
Dynamic Recovery Technology is a blended system of several elements found in these new NRX+ Rods. Our all-new Mega Modulus+ graphite matrix and GL8 resin system, combined with the industry’s most advanced compound taper construction process, creates crisp actions with smooth, rapid recovery. The key to achieving these performance characteristics is a reimaging of our proprietary Multi-Taper Design technology. Traditionally used to enhance durability and swing weight, the G. Loomis design team developed a method of applying a similar process to improve loading efficiency and feedback. This widens the power and recovery “sweet spot”, providing performance with feel regardless of casting distance.
- Mega Modulus+ matrix is 15% lighter than original NRX, improving overall balance and feel, and limits casting fatigue
- Smooth, rapid recovery, allowing casters to develop stable loops with less effort
- GL8 resin possesses the same strength and impact resistance as past resin systems with less material. This reduces overall weight, and ultimately, limits fatigue
- Materials dampen quickly, delivering a crisp, positive feel in hand
- Single-foot recoil guides
- Titanium SiC stripper guides
- Hook keeper (Line #: 4-6)
- Micro full wells, AAA grade cork grip
- Custom aluminum reel seat with walnut hardwood insert (Models: 490-4, 590-4, & 595-4)
- Custom aluminum reel seat with fighting butt (4100-4, 5100-4, 690-4, & 6100-4)
- Aluminum rod tube with cloth rod bag
- Handcrafted in Woodland, Washington
NAUTILUS X-SERIES XL FLY REEL : 6-7WT
Nautilus X-Series XL Fly Reels feature a completely open frame that is extremely light, boasts superior rigidity, a super smooth powerhouse drag, and amazingly fast line pick up. The cutting edge X-Series design has strong beams that extend from the center to a wide line guard. These angles allow for rear spool rim protection where the reel typically contacts the ground when the rod is leaned up against a wall or a car. The totally new SCF-X drag is a sealed Teflon® and carbon fiber disc drag system that is impervious to the elements, self lubricating, and maintenance free. The drag is adjusted with a generous drag knob that offers superior gripping surface for wet and cold fingers. The Nautilus X Series XL Fly Reel is the perfect choice as a lightweight, tough-as-nails, steelhead, bass, and light saltwater fly reel to grace any high end fly rod.
The highly ventilated arch design, coupled with the dual palming rim increases spool strength by 35%. The sides of the frame leave the spool totally exposed, and the back spool rim has a generous 1/8″ secondary palming rim for added fish control. This heavy- duty secondary palming rim has the strength to withstand everyday wear and tear. The spool is a new spin on Nautilus' ultra light, award winning Giga arbor design. It is lighter than any spool of a similar size we have ever made.
Available in three frame sizes: XS – 3.25” Diameter, 3.8 oz, XM – 3.5” diameter, 4.1 oz, and a 4” frame XL that will accept the standard XL Giga arbor spool for a 6/7 weight and the XL MAX Giga arbor spool that will fit an 8/9 weight line. At a mere 4.7 ounces the XL and XL MAX will handle your larger fresh water species and light salt water needs perfectly.
- Totally new SCF-X drag is a sealed Teflon® and carbon fiber disc drag system
- Generous drag knob that offers superior gripping surface and texture for wet and cold fingers
- Precision engineered TPX bushings are feather light, self-lubricating, with zero wear over time
- Giga sized spool arbor picks up more a foot of line per revolution
- Grooved spool design allows backing to breathe and dry faster
- Available in standard colors: Brushed Titanium or Stealth Black anodized finish
- Features the revolutionary AST Plus slickness additive for superior shooting ability and increased durability
- The perfect line for bonefish, tarpon, and permit on the flats; also great for snook, redfish, and sea trout
- Overweighted by .75 sizes to load rods quickly; use designated line weight for your rod
- Short, powerful head turns over long leaders with heavy flies
- Tropi-Core technology remains stiff and slick in tropical environments