NEW! G LOOMIS NRX+ 8100-4 FLY ROD : 8WT, 10'0"
The newly redesigned G Loomis NRX+ Fly Rod is a complete redesign of the award winning NRX series rods, featuring a new advanced graphite and resin technology to outperform any other fly rod on the market in feel, action, and versatility.
With a primary focus of maximizing versatility, the NRX+ Rods adaptable actions improve angler capability and expand tactical opportunity in difficult fishing situations. Rolled with our most advanced compound taper construction to date, NRX+ provides the power, line speed, and loop stability expected from modern fast-action rods, without compromising “feel” and finesse in the short game. This means, regardless of casting distance or difficulty, NRX+ empowers anglers with confidence-boosting control in less-than-ideal situations.
The NRX+ 8wt 10'0" is perfectly tapered and designed for steelhead and salmon fly anglers. From casting and swinging streamers, to casting heavy indicators rigs, the NRX+ 10'0" features power, accuracy, and sensitivity all wrapped in one.
Dynamic Recovery Technology is a blended system of several elements found in these new NRX+ Rods. Our all-new Mega Modulus+ graphite matrix and GL8 resin system, combined with the industry’s most advanced compound taper construction process, creates crisp actions with smooth, rapid recovery. The key to achieving these performance characteristics is a reimaging of our proprietary Multi-Taper Design technology. Traditionally used to enhance durability and swing weight, the G. Loomis design team developed a method of applying a similar process to improve loading efficiency and feedback. This widens the power and recovery “sweet spot”, providing performance with feel regardless of casting distance.
- Mega Modulus+ matrix is 15% lighter than original NRX, improving overall balance and feel, and limits casting fatigue
- Smooth, rapid recovery, allowing casters to develop stable loops with less effort
- GL8 resin possesses the same strength and impact resistance as past resin systems with less material. This reduces overall weight, and ultimately, limits fatigue
- Materials dampen quickly, delivering a crisp, positive feel in hand
- Single-foot recoil guides
- Titanium SiC stripper guides
- Hook keeper (Line #: 4-6)
- Micro full wells, AAA grade cork grip
- Custom aluminum reel seat with walnut hardwood insert (Models: 490-4, 590-4, & 595-4)
- Custom aluminum reel seat with fighting butt (4100-4, 5100-4, 690-4, & 6100-4)
- Aluminum rod tube with cloth rod bag
- Handcrafted in Woodland, Washington
- 8wt 10'0" Fly Rod
5.00/5 Stars out of 5 Reviews
Robert (IN) | August 19th, 2020
Got this as a gift from my boss this the holidays. Also have the IMX 9' 8WT which I love. This is a wonderful rod and the extra length over the 9' adds great distance. Have brought in some large 13-16 lb steelhead over the past week and handles like a dream. Paired with the Lamson Guru S 7+ HD I picked up here and its a great pairing.
Love the rod and always like shopping here at RFR
Jared (CA) | April 27th, 2020
Great rod! I love using this rod for steelhead on the gualala
Ronald Wilson (Rhode Island) | April 5th, 2020
One of the best rods i own. It casts like a dream so much more distance than a 9'
AARON (Massachusetts) | March 1st, 2020
I thought nothing could beat my Scott Meridian, but I can tell this rod in an 8 weight is one sweet throw. It loads beautifully, and has uncanny accuracy. The workmanship is legendary G. Loomis. If you're looking to add to your quiver, definitely check this beauty out.
Austin Bryan (Palm beach, FL) | February 6th, 2020
Casts like a dream and really adds some distance over a 9’. I really like my 9wt Orvis Helios, but I LOVE this rod.