NEW! G LOOMIS NRX+ LP 590-4 FLY ROD : 5WT, 9'0"
The newly redesigned G Loomis NRX+ LP Fly Rod is a complete redesign of the award winning NRX series rods, featuring a new advanced graphite and resin technology to outperform any other fly rod on the market in feel, action, and versatility. The LP stands for "Lite Presentation" which translates to a softer tip section for enhanced line feel and flawless presenations.
With a primary focus of maximizing versatility, the NRX+ Rods adaptable actions improve angler capability and expand tactical opportunity in difficult fishing situations. Rolled with our most advanced compound taper construction to date, NRX+ provides the power, line speed, and loop stability expected from modern fast-action rods, without compromising “feel” and finesse in the short game. This means, regardless of casting distance or difficulty, NRX+ empowers anglers with confidence-boosting control in less-than-ideal situations.
Dynamic Recovery Technology is a blended system of several elements found in these new NRX+ Rods. Our all-new Mega Modulus+ graphite matrix and GL8 resin system, combined with the industry’s most advanced compound taper construction process, creates crisp actions with smooth, rapid recovery. The key to achieving these performance characteristics is a reimaging of our proprietary Multi-Taper Design technology. Traditionally used to enhance durability and swing weight, the G. Loomis design team developed a method of applying a similar process to improve loading efficiency and feedback. This widens the power and recovery “sweet spot”, providing performance with feel regardless of casting distance.
- Mega Modulus+ matrix is 15% lighter than original NRX, improving overall balance and feel, and limits casting fatigue
- Smooth, rapid recovery, allowing casters to develop stable loops with less effort
- GL8 resin possesses the same strength and impact resistance as past resin systems with less material. This reduces overall weight, and ultimately, limits fatigue
- Materials dampen quickly, delivering a crisp, positive feel in hand
- Single-foot recoil guides
- Titanium SiC stripper guides
- Hook keeper
- Half wells, AAA grade cork grip (Line #: 5-6)
- Custom aluminum reel seat with amboyna hardwood insert
- Aluminum rod tube with cloth rod bag
- Handcrafted in Woodland, Washington
5.00/5 Stars out of 6 Reviews
David (Utah) | February 25th, 2021
Action on this rod is fantastic. It's the best 5 wt rod I've ever fished.
NORMAN SMITH (WV) | January 19th, 2021
THIS IS A FINE ROD. I OWN TWO OF THEM AND THEY ARE ALWAYS MY FIRST CHOICE ON THE RIVER.
Chris Masterson (OH) | January 1st, 2021
Have not hit the river yet, can’t wait to use this rod. Beautiful looking stick.
Ronnie (NC) | June 14th, 2020
Great rod. Turns over a 12 foot leader with a size 22 dry fly with ease. Super lightweight rod, but doesn't feel fragile. Currently paired with a Ross Evolution LTX 5/6 and SA Amplitude WF5F line.
Rick | May 9th, 2020
This is a top of the line rod. Best to use a true weight line with it and not make the mistake I did with 1/2 size heavier
Butck (West Virginia) | November 11th, 2019
This is one awesome rod