NEW! G LOOMIS NRX+ SWIM FLY 788-4 FLY ROD : 7WT, 8'8"
The G Loomis NRX+ Swim Fly 788-4 Fly Rod is a new streamer specific design and taper. The Swim Fly Series was developed for a quick-loading action, with accurate presentations in tight situations. Featuring a new advanced graphite and resin technology to outperform any other fly rod on the market in power, energy transfer, loop control, line feel, and versatility. This new NRX+ will effortlessly launch flies straight into the wind with tightly controlled loops and quick, accurate first and second shots.
The NRX+ 7wt 8'8" Swim Fly is our favorite rod weight and length for streamer fishing. This Swim Fly NRX+ 7wt out performs any other specific streamer rod when turning over larger articulated streamers in tight situations whether you are on a boat or wading. The unique taper design allows for more sensitivity when twitching, bumping, or sliding flies through the water column or on the substrate.
With a primary focus of maximizing versatility, the NRX+ Rods adaptable actions improve angler capability and expand tactical opportunity in difficult fishing situations. Rolled with our most advanced compound taper construction to date, NRX+ provides the power, line speed, and loop stability expected from modern fast-action rods, without compromising “feel” and finesse in the short game. This means, regardless of casting distance or difficulty, NRX+ empowers anglers with confidence-boosting control in less-than-ideal situations.
Dynamic Recovery Technology is a blended system of several elements found in these new NRX+ Rods. Our all-new Mega Modulus+ graphite matrix and GL8 resin system, combined with the industry’s most advanced compound taper construction process, creates crisp actions with smooth, rapid recovery. The key to achieving these performance characteristics is a reimaging of our proprietary Multi-Taper Design technology. Traditionally used to enhance durability and swing weight, the G. Loomis design team developed a method of applying a similar process to improve loading efficiency and feedback. This widens the power and recovery “sweet spot”, providing performance with feel regardless of casting distance.
- Mega Modulus+ matrix is 15% lighter than original NRX, improving overall balance and feel, and limits casting fatigue
- Smooth, rapid recovery, allowing casters to develop stable loops with less effort
- GL8 resin possesses the same strength and impact resistance as past resin systems with less material. This reduces overall weight, and ultimately, limits fatigue
- Materials dampen quickly, delivering a crisp, positive feel in hand
- Recoil snake guides
- Titanium SiC stripper guides
- Full wells, AAA grade cork grip
- Custom aluminum reel seat with fighting butt (4100-4, 5100-4, 690-4, & 6100-4)
- Aluminum rod tube with cloth rod bag
- Handcrafted in Woodland, Washington
- Custom: 7wt 8'8" Fly Rod