Nautilus X-Series XL Fly Reels feature a completely open frame that is extremely light, boasts superior rigidity, a super smooth powerhouse drag, and amazingly fast line pick up. The cutting edge X-Series design has strong beams that extend from the center to a wide line guard. These angles allow for rear spool rim protection where the reel typically contacts the ground when the rod is leaned up against a wall or a car. The totally new SCF-X drag is a sealed Teflon® and carbon fiber disc drag system that is impervious to the elements, self lubricating, and maintenance free. The drag is adjusted with a generous drag knob that offers superior gripping surface for wet and cold fingers. The Nautilus X Series XL Fly Reel is the perfect choice as a lightweight, tough-as-nails, steelhead, bass, and light saltwater fly reel to grace any high end fly rod.
The highly ventilated arch design, coupled with the dual palming rim increases spool strength by 35%. The sides of the frame leave the spool totally exposed, and the back spool rim has a generous 1/8″ secondary palming rim for added fish control. This heavy- duty secondary palming rim has the strength to withstand everyday wear and tear. The spool is a new spin on Nautilus' ultra light, award winning Giga arbor design. It is lighter than any spool of a similar size we have ever made.
Available in three frame sizes: XS – 3.25” Diameter, 3.8 oz, XM – 3.5” diameter, 4.1 oz, and a 4” frame XL that will accept the standard XL Giga arbor spool for a 6/7 weight and the XL MAX Giga arbor spool that will fit an 8/9 weight line. At a mere 4.7 ounces the XL and XL MAX will handle your larger fresh water species and light salt water needs perfectly.
- Totally new SCF-X drag is a sealed Teflon® and carbon fiber disc drag system
- Generous drag knob that offers superior gripping surface and texture for wet and cold fingers
- Precision engineered TPX bushings are feather light, self-lubricating, with zero wear over time
- Giga sized spool arbor picks up more a foot of line per revolution
- Grooved spool design allows backing to breathe and dry faster
- Available in standard colors: Brushed Titanium or Stealth Black anodized finish