The new 2020 Lamson Guru S HD is the third generation of the legendary Guru Series, and is a masterpiece of machining with incredible good looks. The Lamson Guru has always been the benchmark for proven dependability and durable performance. This Lamson Guru S -9+ HD Fly Reel is an awesome choice for any 8, 9, or 10wt rod, targeting large predators in both fresh and saltwater. The HD stands for "Heavy Duty" and features a fully caged spool to add rigidity and keep line from catching between the frame and spool. The New Lamson Guru S HD has been redesigned to eliminate weight where it is not required, while improving upon the bulletproof, tough as nails conical drag system. The Guru S is the most popular, lowest-priced fully machined reel with updated spool geometry for better retrieve rates, open porting to reduce weight and improve line drying and an integrated counter balance for structural stability. Lamson Guru S sets the standard for CNC machined quality and unmatched reliability at a great price. Manufactured in the U.S.A. and assembled in Boise, Idaho.
We’ve always believed that form shouldn’t just follow function, but be inspired by it, and that good design emanates from a harmonious expression of both. Where fly reels are concerned, the basic parameters - weight, retrieve rate, line storage, drag torque, ergonomics - each must be balanced against the other to build a high-performing reel, and collectively provide the basis for the design.
By far the most important of these are weight and retrieve rate, because the ratio of the two define what is considered a large arbor reel. Expressed simply, think of these two parameters as retrieve rate per ounce, and hence the Holy Grail of fly reel design is an architecture which yields the lightest structure possible for a given diameter, without sacrificing reliability and durability.
Enter the completely re-designed Guru S Fly Reels, featuring an enhanced spool machining technique, focusing material only where it's needed, resulting in a significantly lighter and higher performing reel that any of its predecessors. But most importantly, the form and styling clearly flows from the same place; allowing the dimensions of structure and function to inspire beauty and reliability. You will simply not find a higher quality or more beautiful reel in this price range than the new Lamson Guru S Fly Reel.
- Open porting to reduce weight and improve line drying
- Integrated counter balance for structural stability
- Fully CNC machined frame and spool from aerospace grade T-6061 aluminum
- Proven durability of Lamson's patented sealed conical drag system
- Beautiful new design and styling will complement any high end fly rod
- Large arbor boasts the highest retrieve rate per ounce of any reel
- Fully caged spool for added strength and to eliminate line catching between frame and spool
- Fully anodized impervious to the elements including saltwater
- Manufactured and assembled in the USA
- Diameter: 4.11 in
- Width: 1.23 in
- Weight: 5.83 oz
- Capacity: 220yd 30# capacity WF10