NEW! REDINGTON TRACE 590-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 5WT 9'0" The New Redington Trace Fly Rod Outfits feature the Redington Trace Fly Rod, Redington Run Reel, RIO Premium Gold Line, Dacron Backing, and Tapered Leader professionally rigged ready to fish!
The Trace 590-4 is the workhorse weight and length of this Trace rod series. Designed for all trout applications, the 5wt can throw soft supple casts at 10ft to a picky riser, while performing exceptional well at 40ft, typical longer western dry fly casts. Many anglers are also combining the 5wt ability for a lightweight smallmouth bass fly rod The fast action, quick taper will have the ability to turn over a variety of flies and different fly lines, allows the angler to be versatile and target most depths and conditions while on the water. As Redington's top trout rod, the Trace will give the angler absolute feel and sensitivity with greater accuracy.
Redington's new high performance fly rod for any situation, the Redington Trace! New for the season, the Trace can do it all. The Trace is Redington’s next generation of fly rod family designed specifically for the trout angler. The Trace refined medium-fast action combined with single-foot snake guides to increase both rod tracking and line sensitivity, allowing the angler to deliver the fly with pinpoint accuracy. The classic aesthetic of the Matte Mahogany blank finished with a dark wood reel seat gives the Trace a timeless appearance, but don’t let the looks fool you… the Trace will deliver your dry fly, nymph, or streamer in any condition.
- Fine-tuned, medium-fast action blank designed specifically for trout fishing
- Single-foot snake guides for decreased weight, improved rod tracking, and increased line sensitivity
- Matte Mahogany blank finish paired with a dark wood reel seat for a timeless trout rod cosmetic
- Classic Half-Wells cork handle
- Epoxy-coated section tips to prevent sticking
- Includes durable cordura rod tube with built-in rod dividers
- Lifetime warranty
NEW! REDINGTON RUN 5/6 FLY REEL : 5-6WT
You don't have to sacrifice weight for performance with the new RUN fly reel from Redington. This large arbor design features unique porting that helps the reel achieve its lightweight feel. It's so lightweight you'll quickly forget it houses a compact carbon fiber drag system that offers smooth stopping power even in the most stressful of situations.
A sleek, modern design takes great looks, combines them with ultralight weight, yet still packs a powerful compact carbon fiber drag that offers smooth stopping power. A recessed drag knob helps to reduce line catch. The Run can accept the same spools as the current Redington Rise Reel.
Both the Rise and Run Spools have a push button spool release and a rounded reel foot for line protection. A twin molded soft touch ergonomic handle, nylon reel case and a lifetime warranty makes the new Redington Run a fantastic bargain in a fly reel. Three sizes 3/4 (4.2oz) 5/6 (4.8oz) and 7/8 (5.8oz) to cover a wide range of fishing applications.
- Powerful, compact carbon disc drag system in ultralight package
- Large arbor design retrieves line quickly, reduces line memory
- Recessed drag knob reduces line catch
- Easily converts to left or right-hand retrieve
- Concave spool for increased backing capacity
- Nylon reel case included
- Backed by Redington Lifetime Warranty
NEW RIO PREMIER GOLD FLY LINE
Improved for 2020! The RIO Gold has been the go-to trout line around the world for many years, and for a multitude of fly fishers. The line has a long head and back taper that give casters total line control and stability at range - whether casting or mending. The unique profile is designed to load a fly rod at close range, and has a front taper that delivers perfect presentation of flies between sizes #22 and #2.
RIO enhanced the performance of this wonderful trout line by building it with SlickCast - RIO's proprietary coating technology. SlickCast creates the slickest, most durable fly lines on the market. Lab tests show that lines built with SlickCast have the least amount of friction ever measured in a fly line. The RIO Gold is the ultimate all round, floating line for the trout fly fisher.
- Dualtone: Marks the sweet spot of a fly line by providing an obvious color change in the line at the sweet spot.
- Easy ID: RIO’s printed line marking system that allows anglers to quickly and easily identify each line.
- Front Welded Loop: A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the front of the fly line for fast rigging to a leader.
- Back Welded Loop: A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the end of the fly line for fast rigging to backing.
5.00/5 Stars out of 1 Reviews
Ken Vechik (NE Ohio) | December 8th, 2021
Earlier this fall, I bought a 10’ 7wt Redington Path for steelhead. So far it seems like a very good and affordable fly rod. I have fought several steelies, and landed one. I wanted a good all around fly set up for my other fishing interests such as bass, crappy or anything else that I might get lucky enough to catch. I decided on the 5wt Redington Trace with their Run reel and Rio Gold fly line and backing package. While I haven’t fished with it yet, I have done some practice casting with it. In my highly inexperienced hands, I find it to be very light and well-balanced, and as unrefined as my casting skills are, I can generally put the line where I want it. It is warranted for life also- peace of mind since it is a mid-priced outfit for the average Joe. I see no reason that this combo will not last a lifetime.