ROSS REELS EVOLUTION R SALT 7/8 FLY REEL : 7-8WT
Need the best of the best for your saltwater fishing? Welcome the Ross Evolution R Salt Reel. The strongest disc drag on the market with the highest braking power for the hardest pulling fish.
Fishing in the salt is a grueling endeavor. The conditions are tough, and the fish can be even tougher. The Evolution R Salt was developed to stand up to anything the sea can throw at it. The R Salt builds on the foundation of its smaller sibling, but instead of the Evolution R’s 7-disc system, the R Salt features a supercharged 16-disc sealed drag system comprised of stainless steel and carbon fluoropolymer, producing nearly 30 pounds of drag pressure. Additionally, the R Salt features two smaller counterbalances on the spool, this reduces mass and creates perfect, vibration-free performance when line is being ripped off the spool on long runs.
This exceptional braking power is housed in a lightweight, yet incredibly strong frame and spool that is based on the Evolution R’s unique design. The large, frame-integrated drag knob allows for easy on-the-fly adjustments with just the palm of your hand during long fights with oversized quarry. The R Salt's geometry is reinforced throughout, yielding an incredibly rugged, yet elegant reel that performs in the most challenging of environments.
All of this comes together to create a fishing tool with a power-to-weight ratio never before seen in a saltwater fly reel, making the R Salt the most unique, best performing reel per dollar of any on the water today.
- Ultralight weight and fully machined from 6061-T6 proprietary aluminum alloy
- Innovative dual mini counterbalances reduce mass
- Industry leading power-to-weight ratio in a fully sealed drag system
- Bolstered structural rigidity as well as increased backing capacity
- Proprietary carbon fiber and machined stainless-steel disc stack
- Fully machined canvas phenolic handle, on a 7075-T6 chromated aluminum post
- Type II anodized for the perfect balance of hardness and color
- Quick release spool and easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
- Covered by Ross Reels Lifetime Warranty
- Weight: 7.51oz
- Diameter: 4.08”
- Width: 1.350”
- Capacity: WF8/215yds
NEW! SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS AMPLITUDE SMOOTH INFINITY SALT FLY LINE
The SA Infinity Smooth Saltwater Fly Line, Winner of the Best New Saltwater Fly Line at IFTD 2019, is the most technical, versatile, accurate, and advanced saltwater line on the market today. Featuring the revolutionary AST Plus slickness additive for superior shooting ability and increased durability, the SA Infinity Salt will handle the most rigorous of conditions year after year. The Amplitude Smooth Infinity Salt is a half line weight heavy to turn over any fly on even the windiest of days. The extended head length makes it more accurate than shorter shooting heads, so that you can land your fly to spooky fish in the most efficient manner. The Amplitude Smooth series of lines are, simply put, the highest-performance smooth fly lines in the world. With up to five times less drag and eight times the durability of traditional lines, this will change the way you look at fly line performance.
- Features the revolutionary AST Plus slickness additive for superior shooting ability and increased durability
- Made half size heavy turns over large flies on windy days
- Extended head length for accuracy at distance
- High-contrast sighter to identify the back of the line when fighting fish on long runs
- Tropi-Core technology remains stiff and slick in tropical environments