NEW! SCOTT SECTOR 906/4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 9'0", 6WT
This outfit features the amazing Scott Sector Fly Rod, Ross Evolution-R Reel, new Scientific Anglers Amplitude Smooth Infinity Fly Line, premium Dacron backing, SA Tapered Leader, and Scott aluminum rod tube and rod sock. All Scott Sector Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally rigged and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The new 2020 Scott Sector Fly Rods won both the coveted “BEST OF SHOW” and “BEST SALTWATER FLY ROD” Awards at the IFTD Show in Denver. Up until now, the Scott Meridian was widely regarded as the best saltwater rod of all time. Well, that's changed. There are some very good reasons why the Scott Sector swept the top awards. The Scott Sector Saltwater Fly Rods deliver higher line speeds and tighter loops effortlessly, turning over your leader straight into the wind. The Sector rod allows you to pick up your entire fly line in one backcast, and redirect your line when the fish changes course, placing your fly on target wherever you want it. This 9'0" 6wt model is the perfect choice for throwing large streamers to brown trout, smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, and as a light saltwater rod in the backcountry and stalking the flats when the wind dies down.
The Scott Sector feels light and alive in your hand, with an intuitive feel that will make any angler a better saltwater caster. This is a rod that is perfect for short quick shots as well as long distance shots. Never before has a saltwater rod excelled at any distance from 20 to 100ft, and everywhere in between. The Scott Sector will also allow you to float the fly in quietly, when stealth is required to avoid spooking your prey. As a finishing touch, the Scott Sector is hand crafted with the very best components to ever grace a fly rod.
Building on the success of the Meridian and Scott's 'ReAct' technology, the Sector series is built on newly designed tapers, using new materials technology and features all-new components you won't currently find anywhere else.The keystone of the new Sector series is Scott's new 'Carbon Web,' a technology which encases unidirectional fibers—which typically run vertically along a rod's blank—into a "web" of ultra-light multi-directional carbon fiber. The benefits include improved torsional stability, better tracking, and a reduction in the propagation of micro-fractures that can ultimately lead to your rod quitting on you when you need it most. The combination of this new Carbon Web technology, ReAct Technology, and newly designed tapers allowed Scott to build a rod that is more efficient at generating line speed and power, is effortless and intuitive to cast, and improves accuracy even when redirecting your fly. No need to dream about your perfect saltwater fly rod. It’s here now. Pick up your new Scott Sector fly rod today!
- All-new cutting edge rod components you won't currently find anywhere else:
- New CeRecoil stripping guides with nickel titanium frames and super slick Zirconia inserts
- Recoil nickel titanium snake guides for low friction and corrosion free performance
- Guide sets are PVD coated in a low reflective coating for even greater durability and stealth
- Reel seats milled from aircraft grade aluminum with self-indexing slide hoods and extra deep knurling to easily turn lock rings
- Premium Flor grade cork grips are turned to our modified wells shape
- New fighting butts feature a thick soft rubber for greater comfort in tough fights
ROSS REELS EVOLUTION R 5/6 FLY REEL : 5-6WT
The Ross Reels Evolution R Reel is a redesigned version of the very popular Evolution LT. Lighter weight and a new industry first drag design, the Ross Evolution R is going to be your #1 freshwater fly reel.
The Evolution R is not only lightweight, but also incredibly rigid and durable, with a unique geometry that is as functional as it is stylish. The innovative shape of the ultra-large arbor spool is engineered to force the even winding of the line across the face of the spool as it is retrieved - something never before seen in a fly reel.
The new drag design is also an industry first: a fully sealed, bonded proprietary carbon fluoropolymer and stainless-steel interface that delivers smooth power in a lightweight, compact package. Start-up inertia is virtually non-existent to protect the most delicate of tippets. The Evolution R’s extremely wide range of brake adjustment also manages to produce some of the highest drag pressure found in any fly reel.
This all is controlled by a subtle yet striking, frame-integrated drag knob that blends perfectly into the form of the reel. Its solid grip allows for easy manipulation of settings - even while wearing gloves. Couple this with the canvas phenolic handle, first introduced by Ross Reels, the on-the-water functionality of the Evolution R is second to none.
- Ultralight weight and fully machined from 6061-T6 proprietary aluminum alloy
- Industry leading power-to-weight ratio in a fully sealed drag system
- Proprietary carbon fiber and machined stainless-steel disc stack
- Fully machined canvas phenolic handle, on a 7075-T6 chromated aluminum post
- Type II anodized for the perfect balance of hardness and color
- Quick release spool and easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
- Covered by Ross Reels Lifetime Warranty
- Weight: 5.03oz
- Diameter: 3.78”
- Width: 0.97”
- Capacity: WF6/90yds
NEW! SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS AMPLITUDE SMOOTH INFINITY FLY LINE
New for 2020: Scientific Anglers Amplitude Smooth Infinity Fly Line, Winner of the coveted Best Freshwater Fly Line Award at IFTD. The conventional wisdom in fly fishing is that there’s no such thing as a “do it all” freshwater line. Scientific Anglers has something to say about that. The Amplitude Smooth Infinity has the power to bomb out streamers, yet retains delicacy for dry flies. It mends like an absolute dream, and delivers flies at all distances. Built a half-size heavy, with a long head and substantial front taper, it’s perfect for everything from trout anyd panfish to pike and steelhead. There’s a reason we call it the Infinity: there is no end to what you’ll be able to do with it. The Amplitude Smooth series of lines are, simply put, the highest-performance smooth fly lines in the world. With up to five times less drag and eight times the durability of traditional lines, this will change the way you look at fly line performance.
- Features the revolutionary AST Plus slickness additive for superior shooting ability and increased durability
- Extremely versatile general-purpose taper designed for most freshwater species; an excellent fly line for trout, grayling, panfish, bass, carp, steelhead, salmon, and pike
- Made a half-size heavy to load fast-action rods, but works well with a variety of rod actions
- Extended head length for long-distance casts and superior mending ability
- Excellent for dry flies, nymphs, and streamers
- Available in two color schemes: standard and camo; the camo scheme features a mottled front taper for increased stealth
- For use in moderate and cold climates
- Braided multifilament core