NEW! SCOTT SECTOR 909/4 FLY ROD : 9'0", 9WT
The new 2020 Scott Sector Fly Rods won both the coveted “BEST OF SHOW” and “BEST SALTWATER FLY ROD” Awards at the IFTD Show in Denver. Up until now, the Scott Meridian was widely regarded as the best saltwater rod of all time. Well, that's changed. There are some very good reasons why the Scott Sector swept the top awards. The Scott Sector Saltwater Fly Rods deliver higher line speeds and tighter loops effortlessly, turning over your leader straight into the wind. The Sector rod allows you to pick up your entire fly line in one backcast, and redirect your line when the fish changes course, placing your fly on target wherever you want it. This 9'0" 9wt model is the perfect choice as an all-purpose saltwater rod for stripers, redfish, bonefish, permit, or whatever happens to cruise by. This Scott Sector 9wt is the ultimate 'one-rod-does-it-all' saltwater fly rod!
The Scott Sector feels light and alive in your hand, with an intuitive feel that will make any angler a better saltwater caster. This is a rod that is perfect for short quick shots as well as long distance shots. Never before has a saltwater rod excelled at any distance from 20 to 100ft, and everywhere in between. The Scott Sector will also allow you to float the fly in quietly, when stealth is required to avoid spooking your prey. As a finishing touch, the Scott Sector is hand crafted with the very best components to ever grace a fly rod.
Building on the success of the Meridian and Scott's 'ReAct' technology, the Sector series is built on newly designed tapers, using new materials technology and features all-new components you won't currently find anywhere else.The keystone of the new Sector series is Scott's new 'Carbon Web,' a technology which encases unidirectional fibers—which typically run vertically along a rod's blank—into a "web" of ultra-light multi-directional carbon fiber. The benefits include improved torsional stability, better tracking, and a reduction in the propagation of micro-fractures that can ultimately lead to your rod quitting on you when you need it most. The combination of this new Carbon Web technology, ReAct Technology, and newly designed tapers allowed Scott to build a rod that is more efficient at generating line speed and power, is effortless and intuitive to cast, and improves accuracy even when redirecting your fly. No need to dream about your perfect saltwater fly rod. It’s here now. Pick up your new Scott Sector fly rod today!
- All-new cutting edge rod components you won't currently find anywhere else:
- New CeRecoil stripping guides with nickel titanium frames and super slick Zirconia inserts
- Recoil nickel titanium snake guides for low friction and corrosion free performance
- Guide sets are PVD coated in a low reflective coating for even greater durability and stealth
- Reel seats milled from aircraft grade aluminum with self-indexing slide hoods and extra deep knurling to easily turn lock rings
- Premium Flor grade cork grips are turned to our modified wells shape
- New fighting butts feature a thick soft rubber for greater comfort in tough fights
PERFORMS BEST WITH:
- Scientific Anglers Infinity Smooth Saltwater Fly Line
- Airflo Tropical Punch Fly Line
- RIO DirectCore Flats Pro Fly Line
- Orvis Pro Saltwater All-Rounder Smooth Fly Line
5.00/5 Stars out of 2 Reviews
Larry Jones (Pacific Grove,Ca) | December 16th, 2020
Great rod.Relaced sage method with Scott.Scott is a pleasure to cast,tight loops,good at short or long distance.Reelseat,guides and cork top notch.Will be go to permit rod!!
JM (TX) | March 2nd, 2020
Didn’t need another 9 WT but I love my Meridians (8WT and 11WT) and boy and I glad I made the purchase of this 9 WT Sector. Phenomenal rod, the Meridian is awesome but this feels a little more accurate especially at mid-distances. Outperforms my Asquith.