New for the season, the Winston Air 2 Fly Rods represents the very best in fly rod design after more than 88 years of rod making. The first thing you notice when you pick up the Air is how light this rod is. This is due to the new S-2000 carbon fiber technology and the new HSR resin for a lighter, faster recovery rate while casting. These rods have the broadest casting range of any fly rods Winston has ever designed. The AIR 2 can do anything – present tiny dry flies to wary trout on flat water, cast a heavy streamer to the far bank in the wind, launch the entire line when you need it, and make quick, accurate close-range shots. From high stick nymphing, pounding the banks from the boat, or wet wading, the new AIR 2 is a pack rod, a travel rod, a beautiful rod, and an all-around rod.
This Winston AIR 2 690-4 fly rod is the perfect choice as an all-purpose trout and smallmouth bass rod on medium to large rivers. The 6wt AIR 2 delivers buttery smooth power and is a true pleasure to cast. This AIR 2 6wt will toss streamers to the bank and launch bass poppers in the wind. This versatile 6wt will do it all on medium to large rivers and makes a great pond/lake rod.
- A New taper design that provides a faster, progressive all-around action. Extremely light, yet powerful.
- Introducing S-2000 a next generation high modulus graphite material for faster recovery speed and smoothness
- New Boron Configuration for enhanced power and energy transfer.
- New Winston-designed cigar grip for better “feel” through the casting stroke
- The Custom HSR (High Strain Rate) resin provides an even faster recovery rate that adds a modern feel, is more durable, and provides greater part strength and less weight.
- The new light wire shooting Snake Guides have a smaller profile with new ECO slick coating and a Round Helix geometry that reduces line friction and produces added energy, accuracy, and distance management.
- Weight: 6WT
- Length: 9'0"
- Guides: Light wire Hard Chrome ECO Slick Coating Shooting Guides
- Reel Seat: Uplocking Nickel Silver with Burled Wood insert
- Storage: Premium graphite rod tube with logo rod sock
NEW! BAUER RVR 6/7 FLY REEL
The Bauer RVR Fly Reel
fishes as stellar as it looks, and looks stellar as it fishes. New for
the season, Bauer introduces the high performance RVR high performance
fly reel. In
development for two years, Bauer started with a groundbreaking and
beautifully modern design and quickly found out how challenging it was
to machine a reel this complex. No one had never seen anything like it.
The complexity and double anodized design of the RVR would prove too
difficult to achieve on a conventional 3-Axis machine, so Bauer sought
out the newest 5-Axis machines available. Bauer with the RVR series
continues the long tradition of design evolution, precision engineering,
and unmatched performance of fly reel when compared to others on the
market. Bauer, smoothest reels in the world!
larger reel for the heavier line weights used when targeting trophy
fish with large, wind-resistant or heavy flies. The increased backing
capacity is more than sufficient to handle even the longest running
trout. Intended applications are streamer fishing with floating or
sink-tip lines, stillwater angling with floating, intermediate and
full-sinking lines, as well as handling the aggressively-tapered lines
needed to turn over large dry flies, poppers, articulated streamers, and
double nymph rigs.
- Diameter: 3.94"
- Weight: 5.5oz
- Line Wt: 6/7
- Capacity: WF7+ (100yards of 20lb)
NEW RIO PREMIER GOLD FLY LINE (WF3-WF9)
for 2020! The RIO Gold has been the go-to trout line around the world
for many years, and for a multitude of fly fishers. The line has a long
head and back taper that give casters total line control and stability
at range - whether casting or mending. The unique profile is designed to
load a fly rod at close range, and has a front taper that delivers
perfect presentation of flies between sizes #22 and #2.
enhanced the performance of this wonderful trout line by building it
with SlickCast - RIO's proprietary coating technology. SlickCast creates
the slickest, most durable fly lines on the market. Lab tests show that
lines built with SlickCast have the least amount of friction ever
measured in a fly line. The RIO Gold is the ultimate all round, floating
line for the trout fly fisher.
- Dualtone: Marks the sweet spot of a fly line by providing an obvious color change in the line at the sweet spot.
- Easy ID: RIO’s printed line marking system that allows anglers to quickly and easily identify each line.
- Front Welded Loop: A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the front of the fly line for fast rigging to a leader.
- Back Welded Loop: A neat, bulletproof loop welded at the end of the fly line for fast rigging to backing.