2019 ORVIS CLEARWATER 1143-4 TROUT SPEY FLY ROD : 11'4" 3WT
The New 2019 Orvis Clearwater 1143-4 Trout Spey Fly Rod is the perfect rod for swinging wet flies on larger rivers. The Trout Spey 3wt delivers smooth power to cover an amazing amount of water with ease. The Clearwater 1143-4 Trout Spey is also a blast to fish for smallmouth bass, where you feel every head shake on a long, light fly rod. This 3wt rod will deliver dry flies extremely long distances and with turn over light dropper rigs with ease. The 11'4" length delivers the ultimate line control and amazing mending ability for extended drifts. Tailwaters, long riffles, big water, ponds, lakes, the possibilities are endless for this versatile rod that delivers Big fun for a small price.
The new Or is Clearwater Rod Series is not just a cosmetic facelift, but a complete overhaul from the ground up by our Vermont rod designers. Everything has changed except the value. It's still the best fly rod you can buy for the money, but with a significant upgrade in performance and looks in a comprehensive series that covers every angler from small stream addicts to Skagit slinging two-handers. Each rod was designed with a purpose-built profile and action to handle the kind of fishing the rod model would be traditionally used for, from medium-action small stream rods to medium-fast freshwater rods and fast-action big game rods.
- 11'4" 3-weight combines ultralight fun with extreme distance and line control
- Blanks are black chrome with white accents
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Chrome snake and stripping guide with a ceramic insert
- Full black nickel aluminum reel seats
- Lower spey handle fighting butt with composite ends for durability
- Two-handed rods have composite on the tip of the foregrip
- Includes Orvis Clearwater divided cordura rod tube
- Backed by the Orvis 25-Year Guarantee
- Each rod taper designed in Vermont
5.00/5 Stars out of 1 Reviews
Sebastien Rødriguez (Québec Canada) | May 2nd, 2020
Amazing rod. I already knew the Clearwater rod from the single hand 7wt that I use for atlantic salmon and landlocked salmon. You will find the same Orvis quality here and at reasonnable price. This model is the best to fish for trout when you need longer casts on larger rivers or when you have obstacles behind you. The best part is that you can do all that without comprimising on the feel when you fight smaller fish.