The new Clearwater Rod Series is not just a cosmetic facelift, but a complete overhaul from the ground up by our Vermont rod designers. Everything has changed except the value. It's still the best fly rod you can buy for the money, but with a significant upgrade in performance and looks in a comprehensive series that covers every angler from small stream addicts to Skagit slinging two-handers. Each rod was designed with a purpose-built profile and action to handle the kind of fishing the rod model would be traditionally used for, from medium-action small stream rods to medium-fast freshwater rods and fast-action big game rods.
- 11' 7-weight
- Blanks are black chrome with white accents
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Chrome snake and stripping guide with a ceramic insert
- Full black nickel aluminum reel seats
- Rods with fighting butts have composite tips for durability
- Two-handed rods have composite on the tip of the foregrip
- Comes with gray rod tube/li>
- 25-Year Guarantee
- Designed in Vermont
ORVIS BATTENKILL IV FLY REEL : 7-9WT
The Orvis Battenkill IV Fly Reel is purposely thought out for the spey and switch angler. These highly durable and classic click and pawl fly reels will give you the most enjoyment while swinging for steelhead or salmon. The Orvis Battenkill IV Fly Reel is for 7-9wt fly rods, or if you are using any switch or spey rod from a 6wt up to 9wt this is the perfect size for you. The Orvis Battenkill Fly Reel has been in the fly fishing industry for generations. Orvis has updated the new Battenkill to feature a new 4 position internal click and pawl drag system and increased the spool size. Simple design and flawless construction make this the perfect click-and-pawl fly reel for nearly any freshwater fishing situation. A minimalist's dream, the all-new Battenkill features a classically styled, yet technically enhanced, four-position click-and-pawl drag system that is adjusted internally and is designed to work in tandem with the palm of your hand on those sizzling, screaming runs.
Constructed with a narrow spool for less line stacking on retrieve and a larger spool diameter for higher line retrieval rates. The ultra-lightweight fly reel design balances perfectly on shorter rods. Machined from heavy-duty bar-stock aluminum for added durability. Easily adjustable left- or right-hand retrieve. Highlighted by laser-engraved logos and a cool black nickel color.
- 4 Position Internal Click and Pawl Drag System
- Larger Spool Diameter
- Constructed of Machined Bar-Stock Aluminum
- Battenkill IV for line weights 7-9, 8.5 oz., 3 3/4" diameter
- Designed to make effortless casts and throw tight loops
- Built a half-size heavy to help load the rod
- Compact head turns over larger flies
- Built with Integrated Slickness—a patented additive for reduced friction
- Welded loop for easy leader changes
- Positive Line ID to easily identify line weight