2019 ORVIS CLEARWATER 118-4 SWITCH FLY ROD OUTFIT : 11'0" 8WT
The 2019 Orvis Clearwater 118-4 Switch Fly Rod Outfit features the new Orvis Clearwater 10'0" 8wt Fly Rod, Orvis Battenkill IV Fly Reel, and Orvis Hydros Switch floating fly line, Clearwater cordura rod tube, Orvis braided dacron backing, and Orvis tapered leader, all shipped professionally rigged and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The New 2019 Orrvis Clearwater 118-4 Switch Fly Rod is perfect for swinging large indicator rigs, throwing big streamers, covering big water, and is equally at home in fresh or saltwater. The Clearwater 8wt Switch performs beautifully for salmon, large steelhead, largemouth bass, and general saltwater species. With this versatile rod, you can adapt to any fishing situation, cover big water with ease, switch between overhead and two-handed casting techniques, and do it all with amazing efficiency. The Clearwater 118-4 is the perfect introduction to learn two-handed casting and performs equally well using a variety of casting styles.
The new Clearwater Rod Series is not just a cosmetic facelift, but a complete overhaul from the ground up by our Vermont rod designers. Everything has changed except the value. It's still the best fly rod you can buy for the money, but with a significant upgrade in performance and looks in a comprehensive series that covers every angler from small stream addicts to Skagit slinging two-handers. Each rod was designed with a purpose-built profile and action to handle the kind of fishing the rod model would be traditionally used for, from medium-action small stream rods to medium-fast freshwater rods and fast-action big game rods.
- 11'0" 8-weight offers the ultimate versatility in fresh and saltwater
- Blanks are black chrome with white accents
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Chrome snake and stripping guide with a ceramic insert
- Full black nickel aluminum reel seats
- Lower spey handle fighting butt with composite ends for durability
- Two-handed rods have composite on the tip of the foregrip
- Includes Orvis Clearwater divided cordura rod tube
- Backed by the Orvis 25-Year Guarantee
- Each rod taper designed in Vermont
ORVIS BATTENKILL V FLY REEL : 9-11WT
The Orvis Battenkill IV Fly Reel is purposely thought out for the spey and switch angler. These highly durable and classic click and pawl fly reels will give you the most enjoyment while swinging for steelhead or salmon. The Orvis Battenkill IV Fly Reel is for 9-11wt fly rods, or if you are using any switch or spey rod from a 8wt up to 10wt this is the perfect size for you. The Orvis Battenkill Fly Reel has been in the fly fishing industry for generations. Orvis has updated the new Battenkill to feature a new 4 position internal click and pawl drag system and increased the spool size. Simple design and flawless construction make this the perfect click-and-pawl fly reel for nearly any freshwater fishing situation. A minimalist's dream, the all-new Battenkill features a classically styled, yet technically enhanced, four-position click-and-pawl drag system that is adjusted internally and is designed to work in tandem with the palm of your hand on those sizzling, screaming runs.
Constructed with a narrow spool for less line stacking on retrieve and a larger spool diameter for higher line retrieval rates. The ultra-lightweight fly reel design balances perfectly on shorter rods. Machined from heavy-duty bar-stock aluminum for added durability. Easily adjustable left- or right-hand retrieve. Highlighted by laser-engraved logos and a cool black nickel color.
- 4 Position Internal Click and Pawl Drag System
- Larger Spool Diameter
- Constructed of Machined Bar-Stock Aluminum
- Battenkill V for line weights 9-11, 9.9 oz., 4" diameter
ORVIS HYDROS SWITCH FLOATING FLY LINE
Orvis Hydros SWITCH WF floating fly lines are built a half-size heavier to provide extra help loading the rod, casting larger flies, and handling the wind. A compact head helps to transfer energy more efficiently, load the rod in close, throw tighter loops, and turn over flies. This is the perfect choice for the newer fly fisher or those anglers that don't mind making casting a little bit easier. Orvis Switch lines feature Integrated Slickness Technology to shoot line further and have a front welded loop for quick rigging changes.
- Designed to make effortless casts and throw tight loops
- Built a half-size heavy to help load the rod
- Compact head turns over larger flies
- Built with Integrated Slickness—a patented additive for reduced friction
- Welded loop for easy leader changes
- Positive Line ID to easily identify line weight