2019 ORVIS CLEARWATER 1368-4 SPEY FLY ROD : 13'6" 8WT
The New 2019 Orrvis Clearwater 1368-4 Spey Fly Rod is perfect for swinging large indicator rigs, throwing big streamers, covering big water, and is equally at home in fresh or saltwater. The Clearwater 8wt Switch performs beautifully for salmon, large steelhead, largemouth bass, and general saltwater species. With this versatile rod, you can adapt to any fishing situation, cover big water with ease, switch between overhead and two-handed casting techniques, and do it all with amazing efficiency. The Clearwater 1368-4 is the perfect introduction to learn two-handed casting and performs equally well using a variety of casting styles.
The new Clearwater Rod Series is not just a cosmetic facelift, but a complete overhaul from the ground up by our Vermont rod designers. Everything has changed except the value. It's still the best fly rod you can buy for the money, but with a significant upgrade in performance and looks in a comprehensive series that covers every angler from small stream addicts to Skagit slinging two-handers. Each rod was designed with a purpose-built profile and action to handle the kind of fishing the rod model would be traditionally used for, from medium-action small stream rods to medium-fast freshwater rods and fast-action big game rods.
- 13'6" 8-weight offers the ultimate versatility in fresh and saltwater
- Blanks are black chrome with white accents
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Chrome snake and stripping guide with a ceramic insert
- Full black nickel aluminum reel seats
- Lower spey handle fighting butt with composite ends for durability
- Two-handed rods have composite on the tip of the foregrip
- Includes Orvis Clearwater divided cordura rod tube
- Backed by the Orvis 25-Year Guarantee
- Each rod taper designed in Vermont