The Orvis Clearwater Fly Reels, New for 2019, may be the best bargain value on the market in this price range. Featuring a powerful, smooth drag system and a new, stronger and lighter frame, the new Orvis Clearwater is tough and attractive, in a lightweigth reel to perfectly balance modern fly rods. Two years in design and development delivers with a powerful inline, Rulon to stainless, stacked disc drag that can hold its own with high-performance machined reels. The New Orvis Clearwater Fly Reel has the great classic look of a fully machined reel, and more importantly, has the guts of a much higher-priced fly reel.
Easily converted to either left- or right-hand retrieve, the Orvis Clearwater II Fly Reel has a positive click drag knob for consistent settings every time. Whether you're looking for your first large arbor, fishing on a budget, or want a spare reel or two in the bag, the new Orvis Clearwater Large Arbor II Fly Reel can handle anything a machined reel can and completely changes the game in die cast reels. A perfect reel to use as a backup rod or if you are looking for an affordable reel with an excellent drag system.
- Updated New Die Cast Reel Design
- Powerful Inline, Rulon to Stainless, Stacked Disc Drag System
- Positive Click Drag Knob for Consistant Settings
- Line Weight: 4-6
- Weight: 5.5 oz
- Diameter: 3 3/8"
- Color: Stealthy Matte-Gray Powder-Coat Finish
- Large Arbor
- Reel Capacity: 20lb WF5 at 100 yards
- Designed to make effortless casts and throw tight loops
- Built a half-size heavy to help load the rod
- Compact head turns over larger flies
- Built with Integrated Slickness, a patented additive for reduced friction
- Welded loop for easy leader changes
- Positive Line ID to easily identify line weight