The New re-designed Hydros Fly Reel for 2020, features a lightweight bar-stock aluminum machined frame and spool, fully sealed drag, and best-in-class line pickup per revolution, buttery-smooth startup inertia and a narrower spool that reduces line stacking. The New 2020 Hydros reel incorporates an improved seal carbon and stainless drag along with a reduction in weight balance for lighter fly rods. From Freshwater to the Saltwater Flats, the New Orvis Hydros IV will match any fishing application and have the stopping power for the larger species in our waters. The newly upgraded sealed drag gives the angler a smoother and more powerful reel for landing steelhead, salmon, bass, bonefish or other 7-9wt fly rod species.
- Super-Large Arbor for quick retrieval rates: Up to 12% increase in line retrieve from previous Hydros Model
- Sealed Drag- clutch bearing fully sealed inside drag mechanism
- Nearly 3X stronger drag with zero start-up inertia
- Narrow Spool for less line stacking
- Improved tolerances for smooth operation
- Increased backing capacity
- Color: Black, Silver, and Matte Green
- Size: IV (7-9wt)
- Weight: 6.6oz
- Diameter: 4"
- Capacity: 20-lb & WF8: 200 yards