ORVIS RECON 108-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 10'0" 8WT
Orvis Recon Fly Rod Outfits include the Orvis Recon Fly Rod, newly redesigned Orvis Hydros SL Fly Reel, quality Orvis Access Saltwater floating fly line, Dacron backing, Orvis Tapered Leader, Orvis Recon premium aluminum rod tube and rod sock. All Orvis Recon Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The Orvis Recon 108-4 is ideal for chasing bonefish on saltwater flats and redfish in the backcountry. The Recon 8wt is also exceptional swinging flies to steelhead, launching big bass bugs to smallmouth and largemouth bass, and streamer fishing huge browns. This versatile 8wt is the perfect choice for covering big water with ease, throwing saltwater flies in the wind, and efforlessly sending big bass bugs straight to their target. The 10'0" length is also well suited for fishing from a boat or kayak. The Recon fly rods are designed for improved accuracy and smooth power. This Recon 108-4 is a perfect balance of responsiveness and line feel with an impressive amount of power. This is an awesome 8wt rod that will suit any casting style and will beome your workhorse rod to cover multiple species.
Orvis Recon fly rods are each hand crafted with a completely new ferrule design, a stealthy shadow green blank, and heavy-duty black nickel hardware. The Recon 10ft 8wt is highly responsive, with amazing line feel. Recon rods incorporate new graphite and resin technology that delivers smooth power combined with amazing accuracy. This versatile 8wt is is a smooth, powerful casting rod that is forgiving enough to correct for variables in your casting stroke, making any angler a better caster, which leads to more hookups.
- Shadow green blank with anodized aluminum black nickel reel seat
- Heavy-duty black nickel hardware
- 7" full wells grip
- Silver snake and stripping guides
- EVA foam and cork fighting butt handle
- Rod tube with cloth rod sock
- Backed by the Orvis 25-year guarantee
- Hand crafted in the USA
The new Orvis Hydros SL IV is simply a beautiful reel that is also a beast when it comes to putting the brakes on running fish. Orvis SL reels are very light, and balance perfectly with today's modern rods. Orvis Hydros SL Fly Reels are machined from bar-stock aluminum and feature a buttery-smooth drag startup and a narrower spool both increasing line pickup while reducing line stacking. The lightweight frame and spool, fully sealed drag, and best-in-class line pickup per revolution make the Hydros SL one of the best reels for the money in durability, drag system, and weight. From trout to saltwater flats, the Orvis Hydros SL will match any fishing application and has the stopping power for larger species.
- Super-Large arbor for up to 12% increased retrieval from older Hydros Models
- Fully sealed drag-clutch bearing
- Nearly 3X stronger drag with zero start-up inertia
- Narrow spool helps eliminate line stacking
- Improved tolerances for smooth operation
- Increased backing capacity
- Outstanding performance across a broad range of conditions
- Short, compact head loads rods quickly, turns over big flies in the wind
- Braided multifilament core
- Integrated Slickness Technology for maximum distance, performance, and durability
- Orvis Line ID to quickly and easily identify your line
- Welded loops on both the front and back of the line ensure fast, easy rigging