NEW! ORVIS RECON 905-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 5WT, 9'0"
This outfit features the redesigned Orvis Recon Fly Rod, Orvis Hydros Fly Reel, Orvis Hydros Trout Line, Dacron Backing, and Tapered Leader, professionally rigged ready to fish!
If ever there was a standard for all-around performance on larger streams, rivers, and lakes for multiple species of fish, it's the Recon 5-Weight 9'. This rod can handle big trout, bass, and panfish from coast to coast. This length/weight rod is the number one selling configuration. Its length and mid-range line weight give it great versatility for dry-fly fishing, streamer fishing, perfect for a drift boat, and nymphing mid to light/heavy rigs. When you want to cover water, throw everything from an Adams to a deer-hair popper, the Recon 905-4 is an exceptional choice for all-around versatility in a mid-price fly rod with premium performance built in.
Orvis Recon fly rods are each hand crafted in the USA with a completely new ferrule design, a matte olive blank with charcoal and spring green accents, and an anodized type iii reel seat with wood insert. The New Recon uses the Helios 3 as a foundation, utilizing its construction techniques and performance attributes to refine and improve the new series. Increased hoop strength, better tracking, improved damping, and ultimately, significantly improved accuracy are now incorporated into the Recon that is also stronger, more impact resistant, and offers the mid-price buyer access to the best technology Orvis fly rods have to offer.
- Blanks are matte olive with charcoal and spring green accent
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Pewter type III anodized aluminum reel seat with wood insert
- Silver snake and stripping guides
- Nylon covered rod tube
- Backed by the Orvis 25-year guarantee
- Hand crafted in the USA
The New re-designed Hydros Fly Reel for 2020, features a lightweight bar-stock aluminum machined frame and spool, fully sealed drag, and best-in-class line pickup per revolution, buttery-smooth startup inertia and a narrower spool that reduces line stacking. The New 2020 Hydros reel incorporates an improved seal carbon and stainless drag along with a reduction in weight balance for lighter fly rods. From Freshwater to the Saltwater Flats, the New Orvis Hydros III will match any fishing application and have the stopping power for the larger species in freshwaters. The newly upgraded sealed drag gives the angler a smoother and more powerful reel for protecting light tippet against larger trout and smallmouth.
- Super-Large Arbor for quick retrieval rates: Up to 12% increase in line retrieve from previous Hydros Model
- Sealed Drag- clutch bearing fully sealed inside drag mechanism
- Nearly 3X stronger drag with zero start-up inertia
- Narrow Spool for less line stacking
- Improved tolerances for smooth operation
- Increased backing capacity
- Color: Black and Silver
- Size: III (5-6wt)
- Weight: 5.5oz
- Diameter: 4"
- Capacity: 20-lb & WF6: 125 yards