ORVIS RECON 908-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 9'0" 8WT
Orvis Recon Fly Rod Outfits include the Orvis Recon Fly Rod, newly redesigned Orvis Hydros SL Fly Reel, quality Orvis Access Saltwater floating fly line, Dacron backing, Orvis Tapered Leader, Orvis Recon premium aluminum rod tube and rod sock. All Orvis Recon Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The Orvis Recon 908-4 is a great choice chasing bonefish on saltwater flats and redfish in the backcountry. The Recon 8wt is also exceptional swinging flies to steelhead, launching big bass bugs to smallmouth and largemouth bass, and streamer fishing huge browns. This versatile 8wt is the perfect choice for covering big water with ease, throwing saltwater flies in the wind, and effortlessly sending big bass bugs straight to their target. The 9'0" length increases power and and distance to launch bulky flies in the wind, and will handle heavier tapers and shooting heads. This is an excellent 8wt rod that will suit any casting style and will become your workhorse rod to cover multiple species.
Orvis Recon fly rods are each hand crafted with a completely new ferrule design, a stealthy shadow green blank, and heavy-duty black nickel hardware. The Recon 908-4 is highly responsive, with amazing line feel. Recon rods incorporate new graphite and resin technology that delivers smooth power combined with amazing accuracy. This versatile 8wt is is a powerful weapon with just a bit of forgivness, helping any angler make better casts, which leads to more frequent hookups.
- Shadow green blank with anodized aluminum black nickel reel seat
- Heavy-duty black nickel hardware
- 7" full wells grip
- Silver snake and stripping guides
- EVA foam and cork fighting butt handle
- Rod tube with cloth rod sock
- Backed by the Orvis 25-year guarantee
- Hand crafted in the USA
The new Orvis Hydros SL IV is simply a beautiful reel that is also a beast when it comes to putting the brakes on running fish. Orvis SL reels are very light, and balance perfectly with today's modern rods. Orvis Hydros SL Fly Reels are machined from bar-stock aluminum and feature a buttery-smooth drag startup and a narrower spool both increasing line pickup while reducing line stacking. The lightweight frame and spool, fully sealed drag, and best-in-class line pickup per revolution make the Hydros SL one of the best reels for the money in durability, drag system, and weight. From trout to saltwater flats, the Orvis Hydros SL will match any fishing application and has the stopping power for larger species.
- Super-Large arbor for up to 12% increased retrieval from older Hydros Models
- Fully sealed drag-clutch bearing
- Nearly 3X stronger drag with zero start-up inertia
- Narrow spool helps eliminate line stacking
- Improved tolerances for smooth operation
- Increased backing capacity
The Orvis Access Saltwater Fly Line is a versatile saltwater floating fly line offering outstanding performance across a broad range of conditions. Access Saltwater has a compact front loaded head that loads rods quickly for fast, powerful casts. This Access Saltwater line will launch big flies in the wind with tight loops and accuracy.
- Outstanding performance across a broad range of conditions
- Short, compact head loads rods quickly, turns over big flies in the wind
- Braided multifilament core
- Integrated Slickness Technology for maximum distance, performance, and durability
- Orvis Line ID to quickly and easily identify your line
- Welded loops on both the front and back of the line ensure fast, easy rigging