FISHPOND QUIKSHOT ROD HOLDER 2.0
The closest thing to having a full time rod caddie on the water with you. A pack of GT’s at 2 o’clock 120’ out and they are coming in hot! Get that bonefish rod out of your hand and grab the 12wt that is neatly tucked onto the side of your pack. With the flip of the FidLock®, the switch has been made and it’s time to strip line, make the shot, and do battle. Having the right tool for the job when you need it is crucial for success. This is why we have designed a clean system that keeps your fully rigged rods fully secured, at the ready, and completely out of your way while fishing. From your favorite trout stream to far-off angling destinations, we have your success in mind.
- Updated from our first version, the new 2.0 Quikshot Rod Holder has an improved back attachment for using on Fishpond packs and on wader belts.
- Also updated from the previous version, the rod holder has been simplified to no longer use a magnetic release, which means strong winds and heavy reels won’t force the magnetic clasp open. The new side release buckle is stronger but still opens with the pinch of your fingers.
- Thermoformed molded rod holder cradles any size rod handle
- Webbing loop with a polytube overlay for holding the butt of a standard rod or a fighting butt
- Quik release buckle with webbing adjustment secures the rod handle into the rod cradle, and releases your fully rigged rod with just one quick pinch.
- Includes upper magnetic closure to add additional stability when using our backpacks
- Adjustable back attachment system will attach to the molded tabs found on many Fishpond products, or to most Wader belts. The system can be adjsuted to fit to 30mm or 50mm width webbing.
- Compatible with the Thunderhead Submersible Backpack, Thunderhead Submersible Sling (not recommended for right-hand casters), Thunderhead Submersible Lumbar Pack, Cutbank Gear Bag, and Windriver Roll-top Backpack. *All compatible pack models are 2018 or newer.
4.83/5 Stars out of 6 Reviews
GB (Idaho) | November 12th, 2021
The Quikshot rod holder is like parking sensors on a car. You didn't think you needed it until you had it and now won't ever go without it. It's that 3rd hand you need somethings while fishing. Very easy to "dock" your rod while netting a fish and removing a hook or tieing something. It keeps your rod out of the water, off the bank, etc and keeps it from getting dinged up on rocks or getting dirt in it. I have multiple and attached to my packs, wader belts, etc. Works excellent on the Fishpond Switchback systems and thunderhead pro hip pack.
Scott Roehner (Knoxville, TN) | November 12th, 2021
Great addition to my backpack and quickly swap out rigs as needed.
Spencer (Utah) | September 22nd, 2021
Good product, useful for hiking and crossing streams. The holder allows for multi-tasking.
GSDude (SoCal.) | September 7th, 2021
This is a great addition to my Switchback Pro hip pack. I can now carry an extra rod and not have to worry about putting it down and leaving it behind. The only reason for the 4 stars is the snap appears to be weak and unsnaps quite easily.
Ian Linfoot (Australia) | July 12th, 2021
Excellent product. With many strategies from Streamers to euro-nymphs I spend a lot of time, these days, fishing two rods. This product works excellent with my thunderhead waistpack, but also works well with a belt, or wading belt. Even works well on my patagonia waterproof backpack.
JOHN ZITO (MD) | June 30th, 2021
Sort of like having a hammer loop on your work pants. Holds your rod tight against your pack while tying on a new tippet or fly. In fast water this is a must to keep your hands free. As I get older I find it more difficult to multi task on the water. This holder provides security for my rod and allows me to go hands free while navigating some slippery rocks. Having dropped a rod or two in the past this is a must have on the water.