2019 ROSS ANIMAS 7/8 FLY REEL
The new Ross Animas Fly Reel takes the time-proven features that made the original Animas a guide favorite, while incorporating machining features that bring it into the modern era of Ross. A fully-redesigned frame and spool are highlights of the new Animas. The spool shows off the cutting-edge manufacturing techniques Ross Reels has developed, delivering a design that is incredibly strong and visually stunning. You will not find a more beautiful, powerful, durable, or functional fly reel in the sub $300 price range.
The Animas also joins the family by incorporating an ultra-light canvas phenolic handle which gets tackier when wet. A new trouble-free spool release yields zero-maintenance performance, allowing the Animas to be ready for any fresh or saltwater excursion. The frame is accented by a machined silhouette of the Colorado mountains in Ross Reels’ backyard. Its uniquely ported design and structural profile are eye-catching industry firsts. The two-tone drag knob sports an updated aesthetic with a lower profile and increased grip. An improved composite drag system delivers more power in an established Ross design loved by more than 80,000 fly anglers the world over.
- Fully redesigned frame and spool geometry with a bell shaped arbor, large arbor design, and intricately machined details
- Precision CNC machined from aerospace grade T6061 bar stock aluminum
- Ultralight weight with increased strength
- Machined canvas phenolic handle is incredibly durable and increases grip when wet
- Beautiful, two-tone aluminum accents
- Powerful, improved composite disc drag system with stainless steel components
- Maintenance free, completely sealed, self lubricating drag system
- Innovative, modern style combined with a time-proven design
- Backed by the Ross Reels Lifetime Warranty