SAGE IGNITER 990-4-SALT FLY ROD OUTFIT : 9WT 9'0"
Sage Igniter Fly Rod Outfits include the ultra-fast action Sage Igniter Fly Rod, Sage Spectrum MAX Fly Reel, premium RIO Flats Pro floating fly line, Gel Spun backing, RIO Saltwater Tapered Leader, and Sage aluminum rod tube and rod sock. All Sage Igniter Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The Sage Igniter 990-4 Fly Rod is the ultimate saltwater flats rod for sightfishing bonefish and permit, capable of making impossibly long shots to tailing fish with accuracy and precision, even when the wind is blowing. This Igniter 9wt is also the perfect choice for snook in the mangroves, redfish in the backcountry, throwing bulky flies to pike & musky, and fishing heavy sinking lines for salmon. You will not find a more powerful, crisper all-purpose saltwater 9wt to throw big flies, extreme distances, in windy conditions. This Igniter 990-4 will throw the tightest of loops with the accuracy of a rifle and still make a perfect presentation. Tipping the scales at just 4 ounces, this rod is an ultra-light powerhouse that delivers deadly accuracy in demanding situations.
The new KonneticHD Technology developed by Sage is a significant breakthrough in high performance graphite rods and uses a new proprietary graphite/resin composite developed through exclusive partnerships with scientific companies. Advanced High Density (HD) fiber positioning enhanced laminate characteristics, and optimized manufacturing techniques increase composite modulus while maintaining durability. KonneticHD creates amplified strength-to-weight and stiffness-to-weight ratios that have never been achieved before. Optimized fiber-to-fiber energy transfer along the length of the blank minimizes both lateral and medial vibrations, delivering accuracy in an easy loading blank, with quick recovery, a crisp tip stop, and enhanced line feel for complete loop control. This is the highest energy transferring material Sage has ever created, opening the door for Sage's R&D team to experiment with construction techniques, taper designs, and action profiles.
- Ultra-fast action with KonneticHD Technology for maximum power, distance, and accuracy
- Beautiful Chipotle blank color
- Cayenne thread wraps with Gunmetal trim wraps
- Fuji ceramic stripper guides; Hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Gunmetal anodized aluminum up-locking reel seat
- Integrated hidden hook keeper in reel seat
- Flor grade full-wells cork handle with EVA fighting butt
- Black rod bag with Titanium logo and chipotle color model tag
- Black powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage medallion
- Backed by the Sage Lifetime Warranty
SAGE SPECTRUM MAX 9/10 FLY REEL : 9-10WT
The Sage Spectrum Max 9/10 Reel is a saltwater worthy powerhouse designed to target flats species or the larger salmonids that are on the run. The Spectrum Max 9/10 is packed with a 40 detent setting powerful drag system to slow down these larger fighting fish, while being smooth enough to protect light tippets in spookier situations. Start the drag at 0 and crank down, and that beast will come to a complete stop. This Sage Spectrum MAX Fly Reel comes in the new Chipolte color to match the Sage Igniter Fly Rod perfectly.
The Spectrum Max is fully machined with cold forged, tempered 6061-T6 aluminum, housing Sage's proven Sealed Carbon System (SCS) Drag. Smooth engagement and consistent, dependable, and repeatable pressure, allows you to fish with confidence knowing your tippet is protected. The SCS drag uses US made carbon to easily handle high pressure and quickly dissipates kinetic energy into thermal energy and the entire system is sealed to keep out water, sand, grit, and salt. Finished with Sage's unique porting pattern and spoke aesthetic, the Max will be your go-to reel for the full range of heavy duty fishing scenarios.
- Completely sealed, supercharged carbon SCS Drag System
- One revolution drag knob with 40 numbered settings
- Large arbor for fast line pick-up
- Concave arbor for greater strength and capacity
- Fully machined, ergonomic handle
- Easy conversion from left- to right-hand retrieve
- Fully machined 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum
- Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity
- Hard anodized for surface protection and corrosion resistance