NEW! SAGE MAVERICK 1190-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 11WT, 9'0"
This outfit features the saltwater worthy Sage Maverick Fly Rod, Sage Spectrum MAX Fly Reel, RIO's Flats Pro Direct Core Saltwater line, premium dacron backing, and a tapered saltwater leader. All Sage Maverick Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally rigged and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The New for 2020, Sage Maverick Rod has been designed from the ground up with Konnetic Technology to be fine-tuned to the demanding needs of saltwater specific applications. The Maverick 11wt, 9'0" delivers fish-fighting power to the angler to battle larger predators, especially tarpon on the flats. This Maverick is versatile with power in casting larger flies, cutting through the wind, and battling fish in the larger pound range. A perfect tool for any angler stepping into the saltwater arena where speed is of the utmost importance.
The Maverick has a design taper with a powerful tip section that drives the casting load down to more robust lower sections, making it easier to fire these quick efficient casts and helping the angler make the most of their finite opportunities. Saltwater angling is more often a game of quick shots than long casts. Dropping a fly in front of a cruising tarpon 20ft off the bow can be the difference between success and failure during a day on the flats. In fact, most saltwater fisheries put a premium on getting the fly to the target quickly. Redfish meandering about Louisiana marshes, bonefish cruising marl-covered flats, and stripers slashing at bait all require a quick cast into “the zone” for high odds at a hookup. The quicker you can lay the fly down, the better the results.
- Konnetic Technology
- Pacific Blue blank color, Charcoal primary thread wraps with Light Grey trim wraps
- Oversized Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Corrosion resistant anodized aluminum reel seat in Matte Slate
- Integrated “hidden” reel seat hook keeper
- Super grade full-wells cork handle with cork/EVA fighting butt
- Black rod bag with Titanium logo and Blue model tag
- Matte Black powder coated aluminum rod tube with Sage Medallion
- Weight: 5 1/8oz
SAGE SPECTRUM MAX 11/12 FLY REEL : 11-12WT
The Sage Spectrum Max 11/12 Reel is the Tarpon specialist from Sage. 40 detent drag settings allows you to finesse the hook set, but hammer down after 30 minutes of battling that giant tarpon. The Spectrum Max 11/12 reel is also perfectly balanced to keep you casting these 11-12 weight rods all day long.
- Completely sealed, supercharged carbon SCS Drag System
- One revolution drag knob with 40 numbered settings
- Large arbor for fast line pick-up
- Concave arbor for greater strength and capacity
- Fully machined, ergonomic handle
- Easy conversion from left- to right-hand retrieve
- Fully machined 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum
- Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity
- Hard anodized for surface protection and corrosion resistance
- Diameter: 4 11/16in
- Weight: 9.38oz
- Width: 1 11/16in
- Capacity: WF12 300yds/30lb
RIO FLATS PRO FLY LINE
RIO's flagship DirectCore Flats Pro saltwater fly line is designed for anglers hitting tropical flats in search of bonefish, permit and tarpon. The line is built on RIO's new DirectCore, a proprietary low-memory, low-stretch monofilament core that retains its stiffness in tropical heat, yet lies straight on the water without curl or retraction. The core, which has 30% less stretch than regular tropical saltwater fly lines, casts further, ensures solid strip sets, and shortens fight times.