The Scott GS 7'7" 3wt fly rod is the ultimate small stream and creek rod, where inventing new casts is often required to reach deep pools when trout lurk. Scott G Series fly rods feature a new ferrule connection for improved line feel and responsiveness, and a new resin and graphite combination cooked up in the Scott laboratories. What does this mean? We feel it is the sweetest casting, hand crafted, medium-fast action rod on the market.
Scott G Series fly rods deliver two new cutting edge innovations. First, Scott has reinvented the hollow internal ferrule to make it more flexible, stronger, and more than 20% lighter. Second, Scott also combined a cutting edge carbon fiber and resin system delivering the most advanced multi-modulus layups. New multi-slope tapers were designed to take full advantage of the new materials layups.
As with all Scott rods, the blank is un-sanded to preserve all the natural feel and performance. The end result is a fly rod that helps solve one of the toughest challenges with medium-action fly rod design; how to create a rod that both loads deeply and delivers full power while tracking true to the target. New Scott G Series fly rods balance lighter in hand, have much more stability through the middle of the rod for better tracking, and generate higher line speeds. They do all this while retaining the classic flex of your favorite medium action rods. In other words, this is the most impressive medium-action fly rod ever produced!
- New X-Core Technology combines the industry's most advanced composite technologies
- Cutting-edge design, delivering enhanced feel, incredible stability, and unequalled performance
- New React Technology is a merger of new X-Core Technology
- Highly advanced materials and taper system to dramatically increase recovery speed
- New Fiberfuse Enhanced Resin Technology uses new chemistry to create stronger bonds between each fiber
- Multi modulus graphite prepared with new cutting edge technologies
- Advanced Reinforced Carbon Technology reduces torque and increases strength
- Each rod is hand crafted from start to finish in Montrose, Colorado
- Backed by the Scott Lifetime Warranty