SCOTT WAVE 9010/4 FLY ROD COMBO: 9'0", 10WT The Scott Wave 9010/4 fly rod combo features the award-winning Scott Wave rod, Redington Grande saltwater fly reel, RIO Elite Flats Pro premium fly line, dacron backing, saltwater leader, and Scott aluminum rod tube and rod sock. All Scott Wave fly rod combos are shipped professionally rigged and ready to fish!
The next wave of saltwater fly rod is here. The mid-priced Scott Wave fly rod was purposely designed for the angler wanting power, tight controlled loops in windy conditions, and turning over larger flies with precise accuracy in rod design. Perfect for the saltwater angler targeting bonefish to tarpon, the Scott Wave delivers performance, high line speeds, durability, and accuracy without the hefty price tag.
The Scott Wave 10wt, a powerhouse rod, is designed for all general saltwater applications. The Wave will deliver pin-point accuracy on schooling permit while having reserve landing power in the butt section to slow down a medium sized tarpon on the run. A must have for the angler on the flats when 20mph winds are blowing in your face and tight loops and power are crucial to success for the day.
The intricate beauty of the Scott Wave is displayed by its stunning black anodized aluminum and blue woven carbon fiber reel seat with matching guide thread wraps up the blank. As with all Scott rods, the Scott Wave is handcrafted in Montrose, CO with top grade components like SiC stripping guides, custom machined reel seat, super grade corks and a beautiful natural, unsanded finish. Simply put, the Wave rods are the greatest performance value Scott has ever created.
- ARC - Advanced Reinforced Carbon reduces torque and increases strength
- REACT - - Significantly increases recovery speed to minimize vibrations and maximize feel and efficiency
- X-CORE - Expanded Core, technology delivers blanks that transmit feel and maintain stability better than any other design approach.
- FIBERFUSE RESIN -enhanced resin system uses new chemistry to create bonds between each graphite fiber that are over 20% stronger than conventional epoxy resins
- SiC Stripping Guides
- Beautiful Blue aluminum/graphite reel seat
- Blue thread wraps with carbon color blank
- Super grade cork
REDINGTON GRANDE 9/10/11 FLY REEL : 9-11WT
Welcome the new heavyweight champion. The Redington GRANDE Fly Reel is a fully anodized, machined aluminum reel that features our new sealed SUPER-TORQUE carbon drag system that will KO any fish you hook. After years of field testing, we bulked up the GRANDE with an oversized palming rim, increased backing capacity, and designed an easy to locate handle and drag knob so you can make quick adjustments in the heat of the battle. Never stand down from a fight, regardless of the opponent. The GRANDE 9/10/11 will forcefully take the crown from any king salmon or silver king. We staff has tested this reel on the flats chasing permit and small to medium size tarpon. With the powerful drag and solid frame, the reel performed flawlessly.
- CNC machined, anodized 6061-T6 aluminum construction
- Fully sealed, SUPER-TORQUE, carbon fiber drag system provides smooth and powerful drag in all conditions
- V-spool with backing canal arbor for reduced line stacking and increased backing capacity
- Over-sized palming rim for increased drag application and spool rigidity
- Optimized reel foot position for true center of gravity to prevent rod twist, and unique, rounded finish for line/leader protection when stowed
- Enlarged soft-touch, anti-snag handle machined from Delrin to increased grip and ergonomic comfort
- Nylon reel case included
- Diameter: 4.5"
- Weight: 11oz
- Capacity: 275yds/30lb
- Lifetime warranty
RIO ELITE FLATS PRO FLY LINE
RIO's New Eilte Flats Pro saltwater fly line is designed for anglers hitting tropical flats in search of bonefish, permit and tarpon. The line is built on RIO's new DirectCore and Slickcast coating, a proprietary low-memory, low-stretch monofilament core that retains its stiffness in tropical heat, yet lies straight on the water without curl or retraction. The core, which has 30% less stretch than regular tropical saltwater fly lines, casts further, ensures solid strip sets, and shortens fight times. The Slickcast creates the slickest, most durable coating on the market-producing the least amount of friction ever measured on a fly line.