THOMAS & THOMAS CONTACT II 1002-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 10'0" 2WT
The Thomas & Thomas Contact II 1002-4 fly rod outfit is the ultimate European nymphing combo, perfectly balanced with the beautiful Abel TR fly reel, and loaded with premium RIO Premier Technical Euro Nymph line, backing, and Euro nymphing leader. All Thomas & Thomas combos are shipped properly rigged and ready to fish.
The Thomas and Thomas Contact II 1002-4 fly rod is the ultimate euro nymph fly rod designed to make the modern tight line angler as comfortable as possible. The Contact II 1002-4 offers superior sensitivity and length giving every angler the confidence they need to feel every strike. Picking up on every little bumb or bite is curial when targeting picky trout, the Contact II 1002-4 provides the most dependable tight-line euro rod ever designed. When Thomas and Thomas set out to design the Contact II rods, they wanted a rod that could improve accuracy, sensitivity, and strength. The Contact II blank construction utilizes five different types of premium quality carbon and fiberglass fibers, bound together by a proprietary aerospace resin system. These components have been carefully selected to maximize performance and comfort. Adjusting guides spacing moves a “Low Rider” style stripping guide to the butt section of each Contact II, this helps decrease line snag from the angler’s hand to the first guide. With the growth and rising popularity of Euro and Competition nymphing over the last couple of years, there is no doubt that the Thomas and Thomas Contact II fly rod is the future for all nymphing anglers around the world.
Thomas & Thomas introduced the Contact series of Euro-nymphing rods a handful of years ago and they almost immediately garnered a cult-like following, with many an experienced nymph angler raving about their performance and build quality. Those ravings were well warranted, given that the original Contact was a superb example of what a thoughtfully designed Euro rod could be. This second incarnation of T&T's Contact II Euro-nymphing series are like no other rods on the market.
- Optimized guide spacing with lowered stripping guides to decrease line sag between the hand and first guide
- Increased backbone power to improve hook sets and assist landing larger fish
- Extra dense premium Flor grade cork grips increases feel and bite transmission
- Black RECoil single foot snake guides
- Black hook keeper and winding check
- Black “Low Rider” style stripping guide keeps line tighter to blank for improved strike transmission and accuracy
- New low-profile rounded fighting butt for balance and comfort
- Stealthy brown and olive thread wraps.
- Downlocking reel seat standard on 2wt to 4wt models
- Uplocking reel seat available on 2wt-4wt rods at an additional $25 charge
- Uplocking, all-metal reel seat and full wells grip standard on 1086 model
ABEL TR 2/3 FLY REEL
The New Abel TR Fly Reel is a lightweight masterpiece, with a striking modern design and feel. This ultralight click and pawl reel offers an integrated precision-balanced clicker on the spool, eliminating the need for a counterweight and retaining an iconic click-pawl sound. The pronounced palming rim is deliberately shaped to manually control drag pressure in various fishing conditions. The TR also features a large-arbor spool engineered to reduce line memory and increase retrieval rate. Machined stainless steel accents on both the frame and spool add to the beautiful, clean look of this Abel reel.
- Only 21 meticulously machined parts ensure a lifetime of dependable use
- A time honored click-pawl system protects light tippet while preventing overrun
- Partially-ported frame for the perfect balance of weight, sound, and aesthetics
- Milled silhouettes of a stonefly, caddis, and mayfly inside the frame
- Quick-change spool with a threaded release cap and large-arbor design
- Designed & machined by trout junkies in Colorado
- Made in the USA
Please visit the Abel Custom Colors Page: Abel Custom Shop. We can order any Abel custom reel for you, just ask us! Please call toll free 1-855-434-8472 or email the Pro Staff at [email protected]. NEW! RIO TECHNICAL MONO EURO NYMPH LINE
RIO’s Technical Euro Nymph line has all the assets for the modern nymph angler. Built on a monofilament core that creates a stiff, slick line for quick feeding and less line sag between the rod guides, and an ultra-thin diameter to maximize sensitivity, and for lightning-fast hook sets. In addition, the core extends past the front end of the line to become a leader—resulting in no knots to get caught in the guides. The level line can be cut to length (from the back), allowing anglers to tune the line to the perfect length. The leader is .013" in diameter, pink to be easily seen, and is level, so can also be cut and tuned for varying situations.
NEW! RIO TECHNICAL EURO NYMPH LEADER
RIO’S Technical Euro Nymph Leader has been designed for the ultimate in performance when fishing any of the European nymphing techniques. The extra-long, ultra-thin leader is incredibly sensitive to the subtlest of grabs, and the two-tone indicator tippet tied to the front end has high contrast and is very easy to see. The leader finishes with a RIO tippet ring so anglers can quickly and easily attach the tippet of their choice.
Read our review on the Contact II Fly Rod on our Drift blog.