THOMAS & THOMAS CONTACT II 1092-4 FLY ROD : 10'9" 2WT
The Thomas and Thomas Contact II rod is the ultimate euro nymph fly rod designed to make the modern tight line angler as comfortable as possible. When Thomas and Thomas set out to design the Contact II rods, they wanted a rod that could improve accuracy, sensitivity, and strength. The Contact II blank construction utilizes five different types of premium quality carbon and fiberglass fibers, bound together by a proprietary aerospace resin system. These components have been carefully selected to maximize performance and comfort. Adjusting guides spacing moves a “Low Rider” style stripping guide to the butt section of each Contact II, this helps decrease line snag from the angler’s hand to the first guide. With the growth and rising popularity of Euro and Competition nymphing over the last couple of years, there is no doubt that the Thomas and Thomas Contact II fly rod is the future for all nymphing anglers around the world.
- Optimized guide spacing with lowered stripping guides to decrease line sag between the hand and first guide
- Increased backbone power to improve hook sets and assist landing larger fish
- Extra dense premium Flor grade cork grips increases feel and bite transmission
- Black RECoil single foot snake guides
- Black hook keeper and winding check
- Black “Low Rider” style stripping guide keeps line tighter to blank for improved strike transmission and accuracy
- New low-profile rounded fighting butt for balance and comfort
- Stealthy brown and olive thread wraps.
- Downlocking reel seat standard on 2wt to 4wt models
- Uplocking reel seat available on 2wt-4wt rods at an additional $25 charge
- Uplocking, all-metal reel seat and full wells grip standard on 1086 model
5.00/5 Stars out of 1 Reviews
DRM (CT) | October 7th, 2023
I’ve owned several of the Contact series over the past several years. Innovations in tightline nymphing have us fishing lighter nymphs on thinnner diameter leaders at greater distances. At 10’9”, this rod balances extended reach with accuracy when presenting single nymphs around 2-2.5 grams. It’s not simply a factor of rod length; the blank recovers quickly for accuracy and control. Not quite as versatile as a 3 weight, but it will be a more enjoyable tool if lighter nymphs dominate. Finish and components are excellent, as one would expect.