THOMAS & THOMAS CONTACT II 1094-4 FLY ROD : 10'9" 4WT
The Thomas and Thomas Contact II 1094-4 fly rod is the ultimate euro nymphing rod designed for big rivers and big trout. Made to make the modern tight line angler to be as comfortable as possible, the Contact II 1094-4 prides itself on being more sensitive and more powerful. Being able to feel every bite is ideal when soft strikes are often when dealing with big trout. When Thomas and Thomas set out to design the Contact II rods, they wanted a rod that could improve accuracy, sensitivity, and strength. The Contact II blank construction utilizes five different types of premium quality carbon and fiberglass fibers, bound together by a proprietary aerospace resin system. These components have been carefully selected to maximize performance and comfort. Adjusting guides spacing moves a “Low Rider” style stripping guide to the butt section of each Contact II, this helps decrease line snag from the angler’s hand to the first guide. With the growth and rising popularity of Euro and Competition nymphing over the last couple of years, there is no doubt that the Thomas and Thomas Contact II fly rod is the future for all nymphing anglers around the world.
- Optimized guide spacing with lowered stripping guides to decrease line sag between the hand and first guide
- Increased backbone power to improve hook sets and assist landing larger fish
- Extra dense premium Flor grade cork grips increases feel and bite transmission
- Black RECoil single foot snake guides
- Black hook keeper and winding check
- Black “Low Rider” style stripping guide keeps line tighter to blank for improved strike transmission and accuracy
- New low-profile rounded fighting butt for balance and comfort
- Stealthy brown and olive thread wraps.
- Downlocking reel seat standard on 2wt to 4wt models
- Uplocking reel seat available on 2wt-4wt rods at an additional $25 charge
- Uplocking, all-metal reel seat and full wells grip standard on 1086 model