The Thomas & Thomas Sextant 907-4 fly rod outfit is the ultimate light saltwater flats combo, perfectly balanced with a Hatch Iconic 7 Plus reel, and loaded with premium RIO Elite Flats Pro WF7 fly line, backing, and saltwater leader. All Thomas & Thomas combos are shipped properly rigged and ready to fish.
In saltwater fly fishing the presentation and placement are just as critical as casting a tiny dry fly to picky rising trout. But there is also a need for power not only to deliver large flies through strong winds but to also turn the heads of big fish. The Sextant fly rods are constructed to give a unique reinforced blank that enhances both strength and recovery. Featuring properties of high-performance unidirectional fibers improve the coefficient of energy that is completed through each section of the rod, resulting in a rod that loads extremely quickly and generates lightning-fast line speeds.
The combined challenges of accuracy, delicacy, and power are met with the new Thomas and Thomas Sextant series. Each rod in the Sextant series face these challenges head on providing a smooth loading, quick recovery action that allows for precise accuracy at short distances without sacrificing the power and backbone necessary for punching flies at long distances through heavy winds.
- Extra dense premium Flor grade cork grips, with
- 1.25” composite reinforcement at the top end on
- Matte Titanium finish uplocking anodized reel seat
- washers between the locking nuts
- Natural finish nickel-titanium RECoil snake guides
- Super light titanium frame stripping guides fitted
- with premium Silicon Nitride inserts. Rods 6-10wt
- feature two stripping guides. Rods 11-12wt feature
- three stripping guides
- Stealthy semi-gloss blue finish with dark blue
- primary wraps and seafoam green accent wraps
- Optimized guide spacing strategy, with lower
- stripping guide placement for increased lifting power
NEW! HATCH ICONIC 7 PLUS FLY REEL : 7-9WT
- Diameter: 4.125"
- Width: 1.050"
- Weight: 8.89oz
- Lines: 7-9wt
- Large Arbor and Mid Arbor Spool
- Type II Anodization
- Colors: Black/Silver, Clear/Blue, Clear/Red, Grey/Black