The Thomas & Thomas Sextant is the perfect all-purpose saltwater fly rod, ready to take on fierce battles with juvenile tarpon, roosterfish, GT, permit, and really anything that roams the saltwater. Accurately casts flies from 25ft to 80ft and beyond with the Sextant 910-4 rod. The Sextant 10wt generates high line speeds and extreme power that doesn't kill a beautiful presentation. The Thomas & Thomas Sextant 910-4 fly rod is the flagship of saltwater fly rod, combining new technology and performance to continue pushing all limits of possibilities of everything salt. The end goal of fly fishing has remained the same, but the Thomas and Thomas Sextant is seeking out an easier way to deliver fly line and doing it by adding accuracy. The hardest factor of fly fishing is presenting an artificial fly at the right time and place while trying to convince the fish to eat, the Sextant is here to help.
In saltwater fly fishing the presentation and placement are just as critical as casting a tiny dry fly to picky rising trout. But there is also a need for power not only to deliver large flies through strong winds but to also turn the heads of big fish. The Sextant fly rods are constructed to give a unique reinforced blank that enhances both strength and recovery. Featuring properties of high-performance unidirectional fibers improve the coefficient of energy that is completed through each section of the rod, resulting in a rod that loads extremely quickly and generates lightning-fast line speeds.
The combined challenges of accuracy, delicacy, and power are met with the new Thomas and Thomas Sextant series. Each rod in the Sextant series face these challenges head on providing a smooth loading, quick recovery action that allows for precise accuracy at short distances without sacrificing the power and backbone necessary for punching flies at long distances through heavy winds.
- Extra dense premium Flor grade cork grips, with
- 1.25” composite reinforcement at the top end on
- Matte Titanium finish uplocking anodized reel seat
- washers between the locking nuts
- Natural finish nickel-titanium RECoil snake guides
- Super light titanium frame stripping guides fitted
- with premium Silicon Nitride inserts. Rods 6-10wt
- feature two stripping guides. Rods 11-12wt feature
- three stripping guides
- Stealthy semi-gloss blue finish with dark blue
- primary wraps and seafoam green accent wraps
- Optimized guide spacing strategy, with lower
- stripping guide placement for increased lifting power