WINSTON AIR TH 8146-4 SPEY ROD
The New Winston AIR TH rods blend the highest quality of components with specific tapered designs for the lightest, best feeling spey rod on the market. When you first pick up a Winston AIR TH, you will notice how lightweight the rod is, "AIR". Featuring a new SuperSilica resin system with the Boron technology, Winston was able to blend power, finesse, and feel all in one rod. The power of the AIR TH will allow Skagit anglers with sink tips, cast flies with ease. The feel of the rod shines when Scandi or light spey anglers cast lighter shooting heads and tips. Whether anglers prefer sustained anchor, touch and go, traditional, or mid belly techniques, Winston AIR TH rods support infinite casting styles, and offer unrivaled feel and performance across any two-hand casting application.
The Winston AIR TH was tapered for a deep loading action with fast recovery rates, AIR TH models are ideal for any steelhead and salmon fishing application. They showcase adaptive and specified grain windows that are ideal for specific two-hand applications. In addition to the dialed grain windows, AIR TH models utilize smaller diameter grips to give anglers more feel and intuition during the cast. The 14'6" is the traditional long-belly length for fishing greased lines, or longer Scandinavian shooting heads. Capable of shooting huge casts on the biggest rivers, for big anadromous fish. If you needed one steelhead spey rod, the 8wt series is the perfect weight and power for all applications.
- Action: Medium Fast
- Section: 4
- Guides: Satin finished stripper guide with Silicon Nitride ring. Hard chrome snake guides
- Reel Seat: Charcoal Gray anodized aluminum, down locking
- Storage: Premium graphite rod tube with logo rod sock
- Advanced Boron III technology combined with our proprietary SuperSilica lightweight resin system
- Extremely light, yet powerful and responsive
- Deep loading action with a fast recovery rate
- Standardized rod lengths across multiple grain windows to support any casting style
- Winston-designed grip for better “feel”
- Designed and Handcrafted in Twin Bridges, MT