WINSTON SALTWATER AIR 1290 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 12WT 9'0"
R.L. Winston Saltwater AIR Fly Rod Outfits feature the award-winning Winston Saltwater AIR Fly Rod, world-class Ross Evolution R Salt Fly Reel, premium Scientific Anglers Amplitude Tarpon Fly Line, Premium Gel Spun backing, RIO Tarpon 100lb Shock Leader, with a beautiful Winston graphite Rod Tube and Rod Sock. All Winston Saltwater AIR Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish!
Presenting the new – lightweight saltwater rods with Winston Boron III technology that are easy to cast. The new Saltwater AIR series is very light and allows for unprecedented fast recovery, for any length of cast.
Combining our proprietary SuperSilica lightweight resin system and Boron III material with modern progressive tapers, Winston Saltwater AIR rods deliver the celebrated Winston “feel”, along with balanced, fast graphite recovery rates, for incredible line speed and presentation, making them our most versatile rods in saltwater environments. What this means for anglers is faster mid-sections to dictate line control and easily manage windy conditions along with Boron III technology applied in the butt section for more lifting strength to fight and land fish quickly.
- Advanced carbon fiber combined with our SuperSilica lightweight resin system to improve toughness and durability
- A new light and fast big game rod series with extra power cast after cast, without fatigue
- Quick recovery with Winston Progressive Action
- New stealth matte Winston Green finish for flats stalking
- Smaller guides hold the line closer to the rod shaft to give better control through the cast and presentation.
- Boron III technology for increased fighting/lifting power and added energy
- Handcrafted in Twin Bridges, MT
ROSS REELS EVOLUTION R SALT 11/12 FLY REEL
The award-winning Ross Evolution R Salt Fly Reel is a marvel of engineering, with a power-to-weight ratio never before seen in a saltwater fly reel. At its heart, lies an ultra-smooth, supercharged 16-disc, completely sealed drag system comprised of stainless steel and carbon fluoropolymer, producing an incredible 30 pounds of drag pressure – enough to stop an Abrams tank. This exceptional braking power is housed in a lightweight, yet incredibly strong frame and spool that is based on the Evolution R unique design. Evolution R Salt reels are incredibly lightweight, tipping the scales at a mere 8.85 ounces.
Ross Evolution R Salt reels are CNC machined to exacting tolerances in Montrose, CO from proprietary aircraft grade T-6061 barstock aluminum. These gorgeous reels are then hard anodized for the perfect color and make them impervious to the harshest saltwater conditions. R Salt is also the first fly reel to feature a large, frame-integrated drag knob allowing for easy on-the-fly adjustments with just the palm of your hand during long fights with big fish. The R Salt's geometry is reinforced throughout, yielding an incredibly rugged, yet elegant reel that performs in the most challenging of environments.
Also an industry first, the R Salt features two smaller counterbalances on the spool - this innovative design reduces mass and creates perfect, vibration-free performance when line is being ripped off the spool on long, blistering runs. The large arbor spool includes an innovative line channel for cleanly hiding arbor knots when winding on backing. The Ross Reels signature bell-shaped arbor design also adds strength, while helping to self-level the fly line across the face of the spool as it is retrieved. Evolution R Salt reels are truly a beauty, while also being a ferocious best. Meet the next generation of big-game saltwater fly reels – the Evolution R Salt.
- Fully CNC machined to exacting standards in the USA from proprietary 6061-T6 aluminum alloy
- Ultra-lightweight, incredibly strong design
- Powerhouse stacked 16-disc drag system with industry leading power-to-weight ratio
- Large, frame-integrated drag knob makes easy drag adjustments with the palm of your hand
- Innovative dual mini counterbalances reduce mass and eliminate vibrations at high rpms
- All internal components are machined stainless steel, finished with impregnated oil for saltwater durability
- Bolstered structural rigidity as well as increased backing capacity
- Type II hard anodized for the perfect balance of hardness and color
- Quick release spool and easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
- Backed by the Ross Lifetime Warranty
SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS AMPLITUDE TARPON FLY LINE
The new Scientific Anglers Amplitude Tarpon Fly Lines feature the revolutionaty AST Plus Slickness Technology which shoots line farther and lasts longer than any other line on the market. It's slickness down to a science. The Amplitude Tarpon has a unique taper with a short, aggressive head to load rods quickly, maximizes energy transfer, and enhances the power of modern fast-action saltwater rods. This line will throw tight loops long distance with ease, slicing through the wind, and turn over long leaders and saltwater flies. This is the perfect line for casting all types of tarpon flies in tough saltwater environments.
The Amplitude Tarpon line excels at those critical quick second shots, and delivers the fly immediately where you intended. Amplitude Tarpon will make any angler a better caster, increasing hookups, and saltwater success. With a short, powerful head the Amplitude Tarpon cuts through wind and turns over tarpon flies with ease. We’ve got the line. You just need the fish.
- Features the revolutionary AST Plus slickness additive for superior shooting ability and increased durability
- High-contrast sighter to identify the back of the line when fighting fish on long runs
- Floating texture on the tip section for the ultimate in flotation
- Shooting texture running line delivers longer casts
- Short, powerful head throws tight loops, shreds the wind, and fires saltwater flies to their target
- Stealthy color scheme for wary fish and high strength core to fight large fish
- Tropi-Core technology remains stiff and slick in tropical environments