WINSTON SALTWATER AIR 890 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 8WT 9'0"
R.L. Winston Saltwater Outfits are built upon the award-winning Winston Saltwater AIR Fly Rod, world-class Ross Evolution R Salt Fly Reel, premium Scientific Anglers Amplitude Smooth Bonefish Fly Line, Premium Dacron backing, RIO Saltwater Bonefish Tapered Leader, with a beautiful Winston graphite Rod Tube and Rod Sock. All Winston Saltwater AIR Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish!
Presenting the new – lightweight saltwater rods with Winston Boron III technology that are easy to cast. The new Saltwater AIR series is very light and allows for unprecedented fast recovery, for any length of cast.
Combining our proprietary SuperSilica lightweight resin system and Boron III material with modern progressive tapers, Winston Saltwater AIR rods deliver the celebrated Winston “feel”, along with balanced, fast graphite recovery rates, for incredible line speed and presentation, making them our most versatile rods in saltwater environments. What this means for anglers is faster mid-sections to dictate line control and easily manage windy conditions along with Boron III technology applied in the butt section for more lifting strength to fight and land fish quickly.
- Advanced carbon fiber combined with our SuperSilica lightweight resin system to improve toughness and durability
- A new light and fast big game rod series with extra power cast after cast, without fatigue
- Quick recovery with Winston Progressive Action
- New stealth matte Winston Green finish for flats stalking
- Smaller guides hold the line closer to the rod shaft to give better control through the cast and presentation.
- Boron III technology for increased fighting/lifting power and added energy
- Handcrafted in Twin Bridges, MT
ROSS REELS EVOLUTION R SALT 7/8 FLY REEL : 7-8WT
Need the best of the best for your saltwater fishing? Welcome the Ross Evolution R Salt Reel. The strongest disc drag on the market with the highest braking power for the hardest pulling fish.
Fishing in the salt is a grueling endeavor. The conditions are tough, and the fish can be even tougher. The Evolution R Salt was developed to stand up to anything the sea can throw at it. The R Salt builds on the foundation of its smaller sibling, but instead of the Evolution R’s 7-disc system, the R Salt features a supercharged 16-disc sealed drag system comprised of stainless steel and carbon fluoropolymer, producing nearly 30 pounds of drag pressure. Additionally, the R Salt features two smaller counterbalances on the spool, this reduces mass and creates perfect, vibration-free performance when line is being ripped off the spool on long runs.
This exceptional braking power is housed in a lightweight, yet incredibly strong frame and spool that is based on the Evolution R’s unique design. The large, frame-integrated drag knob allows for easy on-the-fly adjustments with just the palm of your hand during long fights with oversized quarry. The R Salt's geometry is reinforced throughout, yielding an incredibly rugged, yet elegant reel that performs in the most challenging of environments.
All of this comes together to create a fishing tool with a power-to-weight ratio never before seen in a saltwater fly reel, making the R Salt the most unique, best performing reel per dollar of any on the water today.
- Ultralight weight and fully machined from 6061-T6 proprietary aluminum alloy
- Innovative dual mini counterbalances reduce mass
- Industry leading power-to-weight ratio in a fully sealed drag system
- Bolstered structural rigidity as well as increased backing capacity
- Proprietary carbon fiber and machined stainless-steel disc stack
- Fully machined canvas phenolic handle, on a 7075-T6 chromated aluminum post
- Type II anodized for the perfect balance of hardness and color
- Quick release spool and easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
- Covered by Ross Reels Lifetime Warranty
SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS AMPLITUDE SMOOTH BONEFISH FLY LINE
A day of bonefishing will either be the most fun you’ve had with a fly rod or the most frustrating day of your life. Take some of the chance out of the equation with the Amplitude Smooth Bonefish. Built on a stiff core for tropical conditions, and featuring our AST Plus slickness additive, the Bonefish taper is designed with a long, compound head for casting accuracy and delicate deliveries to fish that you’ll swear have a sixth sense. The Amplitude Smooth series of lines are, simply put, the highest-performance smooth fly lines in the world. With up to five times less drag and eight times the durability of traditional lines, this will change the way you look at fly line performance.
- Features the revolutionary AST Plus slickness additive for superior shooting ability and increased durability
- Revised taper for delicate deliveries to skittish fish in crystal-clear water; an excellent line for bonefish and permit
- Loads fast and lands light for increased accuracy
- Medium-length head for line control and optimal casting and fishing at 60-80 feet
- Tropi-Core technology remains stiff and slick in tropical environments