FISHPOND THUNDERHEAD SUBMERSIBLE SLING
One of most popular submersible slings on the market, the Fishpond Thunderhead Submersible sling will keep your gear absolutely dry, while having the capacity to store up to 13L of gear!
- 680D TPU coated recycled nylon
- Fully waterproof TIZIP zipper closure on the main compartment, in a new longer zipper length
- Water resistant zipper closure on the front pocket
- Lightweight foam shoulder strap and backpanel
- Integrated net slot
- Interior organization with one zippered pocket, and one clear stash pocket for small gear
- Exterior Hypalon tabs and reinforced cord loops for tool and accessory attachment
- Coated webbing pull tabs for opening the TIZIP
- VELCRO and Hypalon attachment points on shoulder strap
- One set of Fishpond gear straps (included)
- 16" x 9" x 7"
- 13L (793 Cu. In.)
5.00/5 Stars out of 2 Reviews
Henry Holt (Illinois) | April 16th, 2019
I bought this for surf casting in rough Atlantic conditions, and That's hard on equipment. I wanted a pack to carry a light amount of tackle and keep a camera safe, and still be able to cast without interference. The Thunderhead sling is well built with very heavy zippers, and I think it will hold up well in saltwater. I'll probably be buying the lumbar version as well.
Gregory J Jowaisas (Taylor Mill) | February 11th, 2019
Purchasing the Fishpond Thunderhead submersible sling from Reelflyrod ended a two year search for a functional pack that would really keep my gear dry. As a stream trout fisherman I sometimes found myself in deeper water than intended and consequently would spend time at the end of a trip drying out fly boxes and rigs. I now have confidence that the Thunderhead sling will keep things dry. It has plenty of secure loops and attachment places for zingers and gear and comes with loops to carry an extra rod in its case, I also like the option to place my net in the sleeve built into the pack. Nice, wide shoulder strap and a waist strap with a snap for quick release. Is it perfect? Not quite. I would like one or two more organizers in the waterproof area in addition to the clear pocket and zippered pocket that is already there. And my personal preference would be for a wider waist strap to help take more weight off the shoulder. Nonetheless, after two years of searches and purchases I think I've found the best pack for my kind of fishing. Reelflyrod helped make it happen in a timely and affordable fashion. Thanks!