G LOOMIS ASQUITH 4WT, 9'0" FLY ROD OUTFIT : ASQ 490-4
This outfit features the award-winning G Loomis Asquith 4wt Fly Rod, newly designed Ross Evolution LTX 3/4 Fly Reel, premium Scientific Anglers Amplitude Smooth Infinity Fly Line, Dacron backing, and G Loomis Asquith Aluminum Rod Tube. All G Loomis Asquith Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish. This is the finest, most technologically advanced fly rod outfit ever produced!
The G Loomis Asquith 490-4 Fly Rod is without a doubt, different than any other high-end rod you have ever cast. This is truly the lightest, most technologically advanced fly rod on the market. The Asquith is the ultimate balance between power and feel, and fishes as well in close as it does at long distances. Asquith fly rod blanks are rolled on a one of a kind Spiral X platform that exists only in Japan. No one else has the ability to produce a rod blank like the Asquith. Each rod blank is then hand-crafted with G Loomis expertise right here in the U.S. This new Spiral X technology adds incredible stability to the rod, giving it unmatched strength and accuracy, while reducing wall diameter and weight by a whopping 15%, resulting in an incredible light-in-the-hand feel. This strength and stability significantly reduces ovalization of the rod hoop under stress, which translates to pinpoint accuracy, pure energy transfer, and increased sensitivity. G Loomis Asquith fly rods are now the most accurate rods ever built, and the Spiral X technology transfers unprecedented energy to your fly line, while telegraphing every head shake all the way to your shoulder. Simply put, Asquith generates higher line speeds, which is the accessible power you don't need to dig deep for. It is right there at your fingertips. You can load the rod in close and with minimal back casts, power it up for the hero shot. Like we said, this rod is different.
This Asquith 490-4 is a fast action fly rod that can generate a lot of power, so it is great in situations where fast line speeds and accuracy are a necessity. This also means that it excels in windy conditions or when long casts are required. The Asquith 4wt is an extremely smooth, fast-action rod, perfect as an all-purpose trout rod on smaller to medium size rivers. The Asquith 4wt has ample power to throw smaller streamers, nymphing rigs, and makes flawless dry fly presentations in close and at long distances. If you are the type of angler that prefers only the best of the best, the G Loomis Asquith was made specifically for you.
The Spiral X design is a breakthrough in fly rod design that allows for added strength, while keeping the overall swing weight very low. The Asquith is probably the lightest fly rod we have ever had in our hands and the actual swing weight is amazingly light as well. The way that the graphite is rolled makes the blank stable and inline when flexing from all different angles. Pinpoint accuracy is not an exaggerated cliche. The Asquith series is the culmination of global cooperation in design, materials, and manufacturing techniques. Built on the proprietary G Loomis Spiral X platform, the Asquith boasts superb power transfer from tip to hand, lightning quick recovery, and increased sensitivity. Designed by world casting champion Steve Rajeff, the Asquith is an exploratory step into the future of rod manufacturing technology. With fast actions, generous power levels, titanium guides, and exceptionally light swing weight, all rods in the series excel in fishing situations where developing high line speed and making precise casts equates to success.
- New Spiral X Technology increases casting efficiency and accuracy
- Beautiful dark green color with dark green wraps
- Fuji SiC Stripping Guides w/Titanium frames: 65% less weight, 3 times stronger, saltwater safe, diamond polished for reduced friction
- Top-of-the-line titanium snake guides to shoot line further
- Custom Bamboo Reel Seat with single uplocking anodized aluminum reel seat
- Premium aluminum rod tube to protect your investment
- Backed by the Loomis Lifetime Warranty
- Ultra-lightweight to balance modern premium rods
- Gorgeous, innovative, lightweight engineering
- CNC machined to exacting tolerances from aircraft aluminum in Montrose, CO
- Ultra-smooth, stacked disc drag system based on Evolution R saltwater drag system
- Drag system is 4x times as powerful as previous Evolution reels
- Large Arbor design self levels fly line and incorporates line channel to hide knots
- Machined canvas phenolic handle reduces weight, increases durability and grip when wet
- Hard anodized for beautiful color and durability
- Backed by the Ross Reels Lifetime Warranty
SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS AMPLITUDE SMOOTH INFINITY FLY LINE