G LOOMIS CROSSCURRENT GLX 10WT 9'0" SALTWATER FLY ROD OUTFIT
G Loomis CrossCurrent GLX Fly Rod Outfits include the G Loomis CrossCurrent GLX Fly Rod, Sage Spectrum MAX Fly Reel, premium Scientific Anglers Amplitude Smooth Grand Slam Fly Line, Gel Spun backing, SA Saltwater Tapered Leader, and G Loomis cordura rod tube. All G Loomis CrossCurrent GLX Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
G Loomis CrossCurrent GLX Fly Rods are one of the best long-range weapons you will find anywhere. This 10wt is a real powerhouse when it comes to casting big flies for big fish, especially on windy days when a lot of fly fishers get that "where's the spinning rod" attitude. This rod has a lot of lifting power for moving big permit away from a wreck or handling big dorados in the open ocean. It's all about power and everything heavy-duty. These rods are designed to shred the wind, throwing tight loops and long distances. Like the NRX, this rod has a very powerful butt and mid section, with a progressively softer tip. The CrossCurrent GLX will make difficult casts to distant cruising fish in windy conditions and meet the demands of saltwater environments.
CrossCurrent GLX rods feature G Loomis Fiber Blend technology, Multi-Taper design, and quality components. This rod is finished in an attractive olive/brown color with dark brown wraps, a full wells grip and fighting butt. The reel seat is a green anodized aluminum double uplocking ring seat with a complimentary olive/brown graphite insert. Unbreakable wire recoil stripping guides with flexible nickel/titanium snake guides reduce friction to shoot line further. The CrossCurrent GLX is simply a great distance saltwater rod, at a great price.
- Fast-action taper delivers extreme power, tight loops, and maximum distance
- Recoil stripping guides and hard chrome snake guides
- Matching green anodized aluminum, double uplocking reel seat
- Premium grade full wells cork handle with fighting butt
- Attractive graphite reel seat insert
- Divided cordura rod tube to protect your investment
- Backed by the Loomis Lifetime Warranty
SAGE SPECTRUM MAX 9/10 FLY REEL
The Sage Spectrum Max 9/10 Reel is a saltwater worthy powerhouse designed to target flats species or the larger salmonids that are on the run. The Spectrum Max 9/10 is packed with a 40 detent setting powerful drag system to slow down these larger fighting fish, while being smooth enough to protect light tippets in spookier situations. Start the drag at 0 and crank down, we bet the fish slows down!
The Spectrum Max is fully machined with cold forged, tempered 6061-T6 aluminum, housing Sage's proven Sealed Carbon System (SCS) Drag. Smooth engagement and consistent, dependable, and repeatable pressure, allows you to fish with confidence knowing your tippet is protected. The SCS drag uses US made carbon to easily handle high pressure and quickly dissipates kinetic energy into thermal energy and the entire system is sealed to keep out water, sand, grit, and salt. Finished with Sage's unique porting pattern and spoke aesthetic, the Max will be your go-to reel for the full range of heavy duty fishing scenarios.
- Completely sealed, supercharged carbon SCS Drag System
- One revolution drag knob with 40 numbered settings
- Large arbor for fast line pick-up
- Concave arbor for greater strength and capacity
- Fully machined, ergonomic handle
- Easy conversion from left- to right-hand retrieve
- Fully machined 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum
- Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity
- Hard anodized for surface protection and corrosion resistance
SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS AMPLITUDE SMOOTH GRAND SLAM FLY LINE