G LOOMIS CROSSCURRENT GLX 11WT 9'0" SALTWATER FLY ROD OUTFIT
G Loomis CrossCurrent GLX Fly Rod Outfits include the G Loomis CrossCurrent GLX Fly Rod, Sage Spectrum MAX Fly Reel, premium Scientific Anglers Amplitude Tarpon Fly Line, Gel Spun backing, Tarpon Shock Leader, and G Loomis cordura rod tube. All G Loomis CrossCurrent GLX Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
G Loomis CrossCurrent GLX Fly Rods are one of the best long-range weapons you will find anywhere. This 11wt is the perfect choice for light tarpon fishing and combines a bit of finesse with the powerhouse action. When the fishing pressure puts those big silver kings off the bite, you can take this rod and go to slightly smaller flies and turn the tables in your favor. It is still extremely powerful, but casts a bit easier than it's big brother, the 12-weight and the subtle difference in rod weight can save your arm after a long day on the flats. This is a great choice for roosterfish and golden dorado, in addition to tarpon. These rods are designed to shred the wind, throwing tight loops and long distances. Like the NRX, this rod has a very powerful butt and mid section, with a progressively softer tip. The CrossCurrent GLX will make difficult casts to distant cruising fish in windy conditions and meet the demands of saltwater environments.
CrossCurrent GLX rods feature G Loomis Fiber Blend technology, Multi-Taper design, and quality components. This rod is finished in an attractive olive/brown color with dark brown wraps, a full wells grip and fighting butt. The reel seat is a green anodized aluminum double uplocking ring seat with a complimentary olive/brown graphite insert. Unbreakable wire recoil stripping guides with flexible nickel/titanium snake guides reduce friction to shoot line further. The CrossCurrent GLX is simply a great distance saltwater rod, at a great price.
- Fast-action taper delivers extreme power, tight loops, and maximum distance
- Recoil stripping guides and hard chrome snake guides
- Matching green anodized aluminum, double uplocking reel seat
- Premium grade full wells cork handle with fighting butt
- Attractive graphite reel seat insert
- Divided cordura rod tube to protect your investment
- Backed by the Loomis Lifetime Warranty
SAGE SPECTRUM MAX 11/12 FLY REEL
The Sage Spectrum Max 11/12 Reel is the Tarpon specialist from Sage. 40 detent drag settings allows you to finesse the hook set, but hammer down after 30 minutes of battling giant tarpon. The Spectrum Max 11/12 reel is also perfectly balanced to keep you casting these 11-12 weight rods all day long.
The Spectrum Max is fully machined with cold forged, tempered 6061-T6 aluminum, housing Sage's proven Sealed Carbon System (SCS) Drag. Smooth engagement and consistent, dependable, and repeatable pressure, allows you to fish with confidence knowing your tippet is protected. The SCS drag uses US made carbon to easily handle high pressure and quickly dissipates kinetic energy into thermal energy and the entire system is sealed to keep out water, sand, grit, and salt. Finished with Sage's unique porting pattern and spoke aesthetic, the Max will be your go-to reel for the full range of heavy duty fishing scenarios.
- Completely sealed, supercharged carbon SCS Drag System
- One revolution drag knob with 40 numbered settings
- Large arbor for fast line pick-up
- Concave arbor for greater strength and capacity
- Fully machined, ergonomic handle
- Easy conversion from left- to right-hand retrieve
- Fully machined 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum
- Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity
- Hard anodized for surface protection and corrosion resistance
SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS AMPLITUDE TARPON FLY LINE