NEW! RIO PREMIER OUTBOUND SHORT F/I FLY LINE : FLOAT/INTERMEDIATE
New for the 2021 season, the redesigned and slick cast coated RIO Premier Outbound Short. RIO’s OutBound Short series of lines are designed to cast large and heavy flies and get huge distances easily. Built with a short, aggressive front taper that easily carries large, weighted streamers, and a powerful head design that loads rods deeply and quickly for fast, easy distance. A full range of densities make this a very versatile line series for both the freshwater and saltwater angler. Best of all, the line is built with SlickCast—the slickest, most durable coating on the market.
There are 6 different density lines to cover every fishing situation:
- A Full Floating line (F), for top water action
- A Floating Line with 15ft of "hover" Sinking line, then 15ft of clear Intermediate Sinking line at the front (F/H/I), for fishing 2-3 ft deep
- A Full Intermediate Sinking line with a 15ft clear tip (I), for fishing 3-5ft deep
- An Intermediate sinking line with 17ft of Medium Sinking line, then 13ft of Fast Sinking Line at the front (I/S3/S5), for fishing 4-8ft deep
- An Intermediate sinking line with 17ft of Fast Sinking line, then 13ft of Extra Fast Sinking Line at the front (I/S5/S7), for fishing 6-12ft deep
- A Full, Extra-Fast Sinking "Dredger" line (S7), for maximum depth
- Front loaded to cast large flies with ease
- Designed for easy distance
- Built with RIO's exceptionally slick, durable SlickCast coating
- Multi Density Control on select sinking options
- Dualtone - Marks the sweet spot of a fly line by providing an obvious color change in the line at the sweet spot.
- EasyID- RIO’s printed line marking system that allows anglers to quickly and easily identify each line.
- Front and Back Welded Loop
5.00/5 Stars out of 3 Reviews
Dennis Levin (NYC) | June 14th, 2022
You might need to adjust your casting with this line. It's too heavy to keep in the air for too long. Just do a couple false cast and shoot the rest. This is perfect for in-shore fishing for stripers, blues, and albies in the Northeast.
Kevin (MT) | May 2nd, 2022
The F/I is a solid line for streamers and casts a mile. Looking forward to getting the floater and faster sink as well.
John F Scampini (MA) | October 23rd, 2021
Great fly line for Albie shore fishing in the North East. Easy to cast long distances, even in stiff winds, and line sinks to proper level for optimal fly presentation.