NEW! RIO PREMIER OUTBOUND SHORT INTERMEDIATE FLY LINE
New for the 2021 season, the redesigned and slick cast coated RIO Premier Outbound Short. RIO’s OutBound Short series of lines are designed to cast large and heavy flies and get huge distances easily. Built with a short, aggressive front taper that easily carries large, weighted streamers, and a powerful head design that loads rods deeply and quickly for fast, easy distance. A full range of densities make this a very versatile line series for both the freshwater and saltwater angler. Best of all, the line is built with SlickCast—the slickest, most durable coating on the market.
There are 6 different density lines to cover every fishing situation:
- A Full Floating line (F), for top water action
- A Floating Line with 15ft of "hover" Sinking line, then 15ft of clear Intermediate Sinking line at the front (F/H/I), for fishing 2-3 ft deep
- A Full Intermediate Sinking line with a 15ft clear tip (I), for fishing 3-5ft deep
- An Intermediate sinking line with 17ft of Medium Sinking line, then 13ft of Fast Sinking Line at the front (I/S3/S5), for fishing 4-8ft deep
- An Intermediate sinking line with 17ft of Fast Sinking line, then 13ft of Extra Fast Sinking Line at the front (I/S5/S7), for fishing 6-12ft deep
- A Full, Extra-Fast Sinking "Dredger" line (S7), for maximum depth
- Front loaded to cast large flies with ease
- Designed for easy distance
- Built with RIO's exceptionally slick, durable SlickCast coating
- Multi Density Control on select sinking options
- Dualtone - Marks the sweet spot of a fly line by providing an obvious color change in the line at the sweet spot.
- EasyID- RIO’s printed line marking system that allows anglers to quickly and easily identify each line.
- Front and Back Welded Loop
5.00/5 Stars out of 2 Reviews
Chris (Louisiana) | March 9th, 2022
When I ordered my Redington Predator 9wt a few months back, it came with a floating Outbound Short line. That line was a great match for the rod and has proven efficient at targeting winter reds in the shallow marsh.
So...when it came time to pick up a full intermediate line for this rod, I knew I'd be sticking with outbound short. I have to say it has been just as impressive as the floating version.
And while it was originally purchased for targeting striper and tiger muskie, it has seen quite a bit of local use since I purchased it. It easily turns over large streamers (6-9") and has been responsible for helping me hook and land half a dozen largemouth in the 5 lbs range during this year's pre-spawn. Can't wait to sling similar streamers to big fish up north later this spring/summer.
FORREST L HILDEBRANT (NJ) | October 4th, 2021
Never a problem with this line gets the fly where you need it to go best one yet