NEW! SAGE ESN 3100-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 3WT, 10’0”
This outfit features the amazing Sage ESN Fly Rod, Sage ESN Fly Reel, RIO Premier Technical Euro Nymph Fly Line, premium dacron backing, and a tapered RIO Euro Nymph 10' leader. All Sage ESN Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally rigged and ready to fish...just tie on a fly (or two!)
SAGE ESN 3100-4 FLY ROD
Sage's European Style Nymph (ESN) Fly Rods are designed to fit most styles of European tournament nymph fishing. Whether it is Czech, Polish, French or Spanish nymph fishing, this style of short-Line, contact nymph fishing is quickly gaining popularity in North America.
Sage ESN rods are built on new Konnetic HD Technology, producing unmatched blank recovery, increased sensitivity, reduced weight-in-hand, and superior shock absorption to keep fish on your line.
ESN Fly Rods provide a highly effective method of catching fish in high-pressure streams where trout are wary of anglers. The Sage ESN has a brand new taper made with a unique compound tapered mandrel. This light -weight rod has a completely new slim profile and a very supple, sensitive tip. This combination allows the angler to feel the take and the power to quickly set the hook.
- Handcrafted on Bainbridge Island, USA
- Konnectic HD Technology
- Black Ice blank color
- Garnet thread wraps with Metallic Charcoal trim wraps
- Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Hard chrome single foot snake guides and tip-top
- Stealth Black anodized aluminum down-locking reel seat
- Laser etched line weight on slide band
- Super Plus snub nosed, half-wells cork handle
NEW! SAGE ESN FLY REEL
Sage ESN Fly Reels are packed with a suite of specialty features with the Euro-Nymph angler in mind and is fine tuned to the nuances of each application. Built around a super thin and large diameter arbor, this design now makes it easier to get fish on the reel quickly, minimizing the need to guide line onto the spool with your finger, all while providing consistent drag output.
A unique balance system allows anglers to assemble and fine tune a set of weights, so the ESN reel can perfectly balance any Euro Nymphing (or standard) rod. Add in a full frame that prevents fine leaders and lines from sneaking through the frame and sealed carbon drag system that provides a smooth uptake – leaving you with the ultimate fish-catching machine.
Adjustable Weights for Balancing: The ESN reel comes in one size, containing 3 interchangeable accessory weights (1/2oz, 1oz, and 1 1/2oz), and is appropriate for dialing in any Euro Nymphing setup on the market.
- Full frame, fully machined 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum
- Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity
- Hard anodized for surface protection and corrosion resistance
- Patented Sealed Carbon System SCS Drag for years of flawless performance
- One Revolution Drag Knob with numbered and detented setting
- Ultra-Large arbor for fast line pick-up
- Narrower spool for small volume ESN lines
- Concave arbor for greater strength and capacity
- Stainless steel ½, 1, and 1 ½ oz weights to adjust ideal balance point of nymphing setup
- Easy conversion from left- to right-hand retrieve
- Neoprene and embroidered ballistic nylon reel case & spare weight case
NEW! RIO TECHNICAL MONO EURO NYMPH LINE
RIO’s Technical Euro Nymph line has all the assets for the modern nymph angler. Built on a monofilament core that creates a stiff, slick line for quick feeding and less line sag between the rod guides, and an ultra-thin diameter to maximize sensitivity, and for lightning-fast hook sets. In addition, the core extends past the front end of the line to become a leader—resulting in no knots to get caught in the guides. The level line can be cut to length (from the back), allowing anglers to tune the line to the perfect length. The leader is .013" in diameter, pink to be easily seen, and is level, so can also be cut and tuned for varying situations.
- Ultra-thin, incredibly light line for the utmost in sensitivity
- Integrated leader for no-knot connection
- Level, adaptable line that can be cut and tuned to individual preferences
- Monofilament core for sensitivity and stiffness
- Coating Length: 80ft (24.4m)
- Leader Length: 14ft (4.3m)
- Coating Diameter: 0.023in (0.58mm)
- Core Strength: 18lb (8.2kg)