RIO FLATS PRO FLY LINE STEALTH TIP
RIO's flagship DirectCore Flats Pro Stealth Tip saltwater fly line is designed for anglers hitting tropical flats in search of bonefish, permit and tarpon. The line is built on RIO's new DirectCore, a proprietary low-memory, low-stretch monofilament core that retains its stiffness in tropical heat, yet lies straight on the water without curl or retraction. The core, which has 30% less stretch than regular tropical saltwater fly lines, casts further, ensures solid strip sets, and shortens fight times.
RIO Flats Pro StealthTip lines incorporate the SureFire triple color, distance-marking design that takes the guesswork out of accuracy and distance control, allowing anglers to make higher percentage shots to cruising targets. This DirectCore Flats Pro line has a clear tip 'StealthTip' that features a full-float head with six feet of clear intermediate at the tip. This nearly invisible front section allows for shorter leaders and easier, more accurate casts, while the increased density provides greater wind penetration.
Each line is built with a front taper that loads easily at close range, and with a mid-length head and extended back taper that provides stability for fast, accurate, long-distance casts. This phenomenal line won "Best New Fly Line for 2018" at the European trade show EFTTEX, and "Best New Saltwater Fly Line for 2018" at the US trade show IFTD.
- Agressive front taper loads rods quickly, shreds the wind, and throws stable tight loops
- Extreme Slickness and Agent X Technologies shoots line effortlessly
- Easy annealing, low memory core that lays perfectly straight on the water
- Low stretch DirectCore Technology casts further and provides solid strip set
- Mid-length head and long rear taper for tight loops and complete line control
- High floating running line makes picking up line and casting easier
- Welded front and back loops for fast, easy rigging changes